New Food Delivery System Earns Students Extra Cash

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

For all of you students who are studying for finals, getting food delivered to your door just got easier. JoyRun, a peer-to-peer group delivery system, allows students to easily order food anywhere nearby and another student delivers it right to you.

“JoyRun is creating a new approach to solve this age old problem — making group orders convenient without the high prices of a traditional delivery service,” Manish Rathi, CEO and Co-Founder of JoyRun said. “JoyRun allows students to interact in the way they naturally would – through an approachable social experience – creating cheaper, faster and friendlier deliveries.”

JoyRun is an app that connects people geographically, like on or near the UA campus, and allows students to post that they are headed to a local restaurant and notifies users on the app in the same area that someone is making a run. Anyone can hop on the order and the runner can pick up the order and deliver it right to you. The buyer can also easily track, manage and pay for their order through the app.

Studying in Gorgas just got easier because you don’t even have to leave to get your Chipotle while working on that big finals review. But wait, it gets better. When you’re not using the app to order food, you can easily be making runs for other people and make money on your own terms.

“Making a run is an easy way to make money without having to maintain the hours of a full-time or even-part time job,” Rathi said. “You make your own hours, so you can focus on your degree while making extra cash on the side.”

He even said that students usually hit their financial goals of saving up for paying for concert tickets, paying rent or even saving up for a vacation. Across the 50 pilot campuses, students have earned $100k last month alone.

So while you’re deep in your notecards studying for finals, you don’t even have to leave your apartment or dorm to get some food. Or better yet, if you finish finals early, make some extra cash for your summertime adventures!

“We know students who make over $1000 a month on JoyRun,” Rathi said. “And they do it while having fun and paying-it-forward in their community.”

Bryana is a senior at The University of Alabama double-majoring in public relations and communication studies from Boston, Mass. She loves photography, finding new songs to jam out to and creating Snapchat geofilters for fun. When Bryana isn't avidly color-coding her planner, you can either find her raving over her most recent abroad experience in London or out on the band field marching with the Million Dollar Band. Follow Bryana on Twitter and Instagram @bryanak13.
Alabama Contributor