Lexa Rains

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Name: Alexa Rains

Hometown: Franklin, TN

Major: International Studies & Economics

Favorite book: City of Bones

Favorite place to study on campus: Bruno Library

Favorite place to eat in Tuscaloosa: Nothin’ but Noodles

What clubs are you involved in?  “I’m a member of Alpha Omicron Pi, an Assistant Team Leader with The Center for Service and Leadership, and the Treasurer of Not On My Campus (a sexual assault prevention group).”

What is the best part about being in AOII? “So far the best part is being able to watch my sorority sisters grow and realize their true potential. People change so much during their college years and I love seeing my friends shine through their creativity, intelligence, leadership, or whatever it is they are passionate about.”

If you were an ice cream flavor what would it be? “Something nutty because I’m weird and a little eccentric.”

Who is your celebrity crush? Dylan O’Brian

Describe your dream date. “Just let me hang out with your pets. You don’t even need to be there to be honest.”

Describe yourself in three words. Quirky, compassionate, unpredictable

What do you like to do in your free time? “Draw, watch Netflix, sing until someone tells me nicely to stop, adventure outdoors…”

What do you think is your best quality? “I’m very passionate about a lot of things, which means I tend to spark conflict, but I think it’s worth it because I know I can make the world a better place.”

Where do you see yourself in five years? “Probably in a third world country following my passions and simultaneously going broke.”

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.