Le Anne Ahern

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Name: Le Anne Ahern

Hometown: Hawley, PA

Major: Public Relations

Relationship status: Single

Favorite band: ACDC

Favorite place to study on campus: Gorgas

Favorite place to eat in Tuscaloosa: Mooyah

What clubs are you involved in? “I’m a member of Alpha Omicron Pi, The President of NSCS, Director of Programming for The Elliott Society, a Greek Ambassador, PRSSA.”

What is your favorite part about your major? “My favorite part of my major is that the options for careers are endless. Some students are in PR because they want to work on the media side of things, or with Photoshop and InDesign while other students are just people friendly and love surrounding themselves with others!”

What do you love most about being in AOII? “What I love most about being an AOII is that there are always 400 plus girls there for you through the ups, the downs, and everything in between. There’s something so wonderful about being over a thousand miles away from my family but still feeling at home. When I joined AOII I was a part of it, now it’s become a part of me.”

What are you passionate about? “I am extremely passionate about soccer. I’ve played soccer my entire life and even when life gets hectic I can go to the soccer field, kick a ball around and just forget about everything for a little while!”

What has been the best class you have taken at UA so far? The best class that I’ve taken at UA is Com 123. I absolutely love Public Speaking but it wasn’t just that. In Com 123, our class became such good friends, I still see them and talk to all of them on campus two years later!

Describe yourself in three words. Outgoing, caring, and ambitious

What do you think is your best quality? “I believe that my best quality is that I never give up on anything. I’ve always been one to take chances even if it means embarrassing yourself. You never know what’s going to happen if you never try!”

What’s the best advice you have ever gotten? “The best advice I’ve ever gotten is that when you focus on yourself and work as hard as you can to be the best that you can be, all of your happiness will follow.”

Where do you see yourself in five years? “In five years I see myself just graduating from Fordham Law School, working at a firm in New York City.”

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.