Kaylee Cort

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Name: Kaylee Cort

Hometown: Spanish Fort, Alabama 

Major: Psychology with a minor in Addiction and Recovery 

Favorite TV show: Bojack Horseman

Favorite place to study on campus: By the big windows on the third floor of Gorgas. 

What is your favorite part about your major? “The possibility and the opportunity that comes with it. I love being in a major where I can learn about the human condition, and potentially make that better for someone else in the future.”

What is your favorite part about Alpha Gam? “My friends! I’ve been blessed with the best support system in Alpha Gam. I love that I’m constantly surrounded by smart, strong girls. They inspire me.”

What is the best concert you have ever gone to? “This is a hard question. I’m going to have to go with the first time I ever saw LANY. I was with my two good friends and we were front and center.” 

Describe your dream date. “Something involving live music.”

Describe yourself in three words. Compassionate, friendly, perceptive 

What do you like to do in your free time? I like to spend time with my friends, go to Crossfit, and go to church. 

What are you passionate about? “I’m passionate about the wellness of other people.”

Where do you see yourself in five years? “I see myself being an occupational therapist, hopefully living somewhere near a good bakery.”

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.