Josh Fuller

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Name: Josh Fuller

Hometown: Enterprise, Alabama

Major: Criminal Justice

Favorite movie: Forrest Gump

Favorite place to study on campus: The 4M Floor of Gorgas – it’s life changing

Favorite place to eat in Tuscaloosa: Pita Pit, it is also life changing

What clubs are you involved in? I am an Honors College Ambassador, a member of College Democrats, Mallet, Not On My Campus, SGA, and am serving as the Executive Director of the Serbia Fellowship Experience this upcoming year.

What is your favorite part about SGA? Despite the typical stereotypes and other hindrances, there truly are a multitude of students from all corners of SGA who want to improve this campus for the students

What is the coolest experience you have had on your trips to Serbia? Honestly, serving this past year as a City Leader for my fellow student delegates was the coolest and most rewarding thing I have experienced. As a member of the Executive Staff, I got to watch UA students enter a small town 5,000 miles away from home and form life-changing bonds with their host brothers and sisters over the course of a week. They would share their stories of them and their families with each other every day, and I have been more than grateful to see the program’s mission take form right before my eyes. (WOW that sounds cheesy)

What is your favorite bad joke/pun? “Oh man, that’s a tough one. My current go-to is, ‘What do you call a hot pepper with no seeds inside? A HOLLOW-peño!’”

Describe your dream date. “I’m not sure on most of the specifics, but I do know that it will include lots of beautiful dogs.”

Describe yourself in three words. “Albert from Hitch”

What’s the best advice you have ever gotten? “Be nice to the secretary, they’re the ones who actually run the office.”

Where do you see yourself in five years? “Hopefully out of grad school with a job I enjoy, but I’m still not totally averse to the whole, ‘living lavishly after winning the Powerball’ dream.”

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.