Jordin Sparks Is Married & Is Expecting Her First Child

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Talk about a great 2017 for Jordin Sparks. She recently married her boyfriend, Dana Isaiah, in mid-July and now they are expecting their first child in early Spring. Sparks is known as a familiar contestant on American Idol as well as her highly-publicized relationship with Jason Derulo.

According to a People Exclusive, Sparks exclaimed, “We’re really proud to be married to each other and to be celebrating this.” The two lovebirds met in Houston when Sparks traveled for the Super Bowl last February with her charity campaign, I’m M.A.D. Are You?  Ironically, their mothers’ set them up and reconnected them in a group text chat.

With shared Christian values and a strong sense of family, Sparks can’t help but gush about her new husband: ““When I’m with him, I feel comfort and safety and calm and peace, and those aren’t things that I normally felt. So it was a little wake-up call for me.”

The two secretly married in Hawaii and confirmed her pregnancy to their family in late August. The newlyweds are looking forward to early 2018 and finally settling in LA to start their family together.

Photo via People

My name is Alex Plavin and I am from Atlanta, Georgia. I am a sophomore at The University of Alabama (Roll Tide) pursuing a degree in Business Management with a passion for writing and entertainment news. I have an unhealthy obsession with binge-watching Netflix and Gossip Girl. I force my friends to watch my favorite Romcoms and any Zac Efron movie. I am always up to date on the latest news and have a tendency to know hundreds of random facts about anything and everything.
Alabama Contributor