The Craziest Thing I Ever Did to Save Money

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

In college, collegiettes become pretty clever, pretty quickly when it comes to saving money. For example maybe you split your lunch at Bento with a friend to save several dollars. Or maybe you share a room in an apartment or house to cut your rent in half. Or maybe you sneak a few extra snacks from your sorority house every time you go. Or maybe you’ve done something really crazy.

My freshman year I gained experience in the art of saving money that easily could have led to becoming a professional vagrant. I would take to-go cups full of orange juice, milk, cereal… whatever I needed from the dining hall. I would fill the to-go boxes up with apples, bread, snacks for later… again, whatever I needed. Essentially, I was grocery shopping in the dining hall. Is that more clever than just sad, I don’t know, but I saw a way to save money (and take advantage of Bama Dining) and did it.

So what’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done to save money? Don’t be ashamed – it could win you $4,000.

That’s right. $4,000.  DoSomething.org is kicking off a new campaign to help college students save money. The campaign is called The Craziest Thing I Did to Save Money. Just go to DoSomething.org and submit the story of the craziest thing you’ve ever done to save money and a picture to go along with it.

So what is it—what’s the craziest thing you’ve done to save money?

To submit and for more info:

http://www.dosomething.org/crazy/about

Alabama Contributor