Chris Lancaster

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Name: Chris Lancaster

Hometown: Plano, Texas

Major(s): Economics & French, concurrently in the Masters of Economics program

Relationship status: Single

Favorite movie: American Psycho

Favorite place to study on campus: Bruno Business Library

Favorite place to eat in Tuscaloosa: 301 Bistro, Bar, & Beer Garden

What clubs are you involved in? “I’m in University Stewards, Culverhouse Connections, ODK National Honor Society, Anderson Society, and the Mortar Board National Honor Society.”

What is your favorite part about your majors? “I love being able to have two completely different subjects that challenge different parts of my brain with French and Economics.”

What do you love most about being a University Steward? “I love sharing the wealth of amazing opportunities that The University of Alabama has to offer to prospective students when they are visiting campus. I also love being able to travel the country to speak with students and parents at admissions receptions.”

What drives you? “I have always been a competitive person, and I have always had a drive for personal and professional growth. This is the lens that I view my life through. I am passionate about people and person and professional betterment. I will turn down an opportunity where these goals are achieved.”

If your life were an ice cream flavor what would it be? “It would definitely be pistachio because there is more than meets the eye with my life. It looks plain and simple on the outside and can sometimes be misunderstood. In reality, it is rich with flavor and has much more in store than anyone really knows.” 

Who is your celebrity crush? Marion Cotillard 

What is the best concert you have ever gone to? “Beyonce on her Lemonade World Tour.”

Describe your dream date. “Anything that involves a beautiful setting and lots of candid conversation.”

Describe yourself in three words. Personable, diplomatic, impassioned 

What do you think is your best quality? “The ability to talk to anyone at anytime.”

What’s the best advice you have ever gotten? “Don’t concern yourself with things that are out of your control, especially worrying about what other people are saying behind your back.”

Where do you see yourself in five years? “Hopefully living in France living the dream.”

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.