Campus Celebrity: Melody Schmidt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Meet Melody Schmidt. Besides being one of my best friends, Melody goes above and beyond in order to achieve. She has always challenged herself while staying involved in many UA organizations and programs. She loves Disney, puppies, photography, and even runs her own photography site. She has always worked hard while maintaining a level head and wonderful personality. Melody has always been a great member to our Her Campus team and we are happy to honor her birthday week as our Campus Celebrity. 

Name: Melody Schmidt

Age: 21

Year: Junior

Major: Public Relations and Psychology

Q: What are some of your achievements so far at Alabama? 

A: “Making the President’s List, conducting Parkinson’s research, and being selected to join Capstone Agency, a student-run communications firm.”

Q: What are your career goals? 

A: “I aspire to become a public relations professional for a major film studio.”

Q: How do you typically stay focused and balance your many activities with academics? 

A: “I try to stay on top of things by putting everything in my planner. Then I split up my chunks of time for classes and extracurriculars depending on how difficult a class is or how involved I am in an organization. Even though classes take up a lot of time, it’s important to make time for getting involved with activities and organizations on campus that are relevant to your major and your career goals as well.”

Q: What would be your advice for any freshmen? 

A: “Always make sure to put the necessary time and effort into your classes, but balance your academics with extracurriculars and leisure time as well. It’s important to make time for yourself!”

Q: What is your favorite UA memory so far? 
A: “I don’t have a particular favorite, but I’m had a lot of amazing gameday memories spent with friends and family!”

Alisha is a senior at The University of Alabama majoring in Communicative Disorders and minoring in Psychology. She is the current Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Alabama. Alisha loves binge watching TV shows on Netflix, baking, writing, watching/raving about Alabama Football, and spending time with her sorority sisters. She hopes to make a difference in the world or at least in many people's lives as a hopeful Speech-Language Pathologist. Follow Alisha on Twitter (@missalisha14) and Instagram (alishaa_j). Roll Tide!