Camp Kesem

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

(cover photo courtesy of campkesem.org)

Name of organization: Camp Kesem

Organization type: We are a non-profit service organization. What is the objective of your organization? We fundraise and plan a summer camp for children who have been affected by a parents cancer!

What events do you plan to hold this semester/what is your next event? We have some canning events planned for this semester and some bar nights in the works. Next year we will be at Get On Board Day, and we will be hosting a 5k in the Spring.

How can others get involved in your organization? You can help us fundraise to send our awesome campers to camp for FREE!!

What is your favorite part about your organization? “My favorite part about Kesem is the community environment we have created within the organization. We are al friends and help each other out always.” – Emily Goldstein, President

For more information, please contact: alabama@campkesem.org.

Social media handles: Facebook: UACampKesem, Twitter: @UA_Camp_Kesem, Instagram: uacampkesem

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.