Allie Bartholomew

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Name: Allie Bartholomew (@abarty_intheusa)

Hometown: Boulder, CO

Major: MIS/Accounting

Relationship status: Aggressively Single

Favorite movie: We’re The Millers

Favorite place to study on campus: “Bruno and I don’t trust anyone that prefers Gorgas.”

Favorite place to eat in Tuscaloosa: “Either Taco Mama or BurgerFi. My friends will mock me because I don’t eat burgers, but the veggie Quinoa burger is so so good… And urban style fries… Yes.”

What is your favorite part about your major? “MIS is super small so everyone knows everyone and bowling night is always fun. Accounting is… accounting.”

What is your favorite part about being in AOII? “Having people that not only accept all my quirks and weird sense of humor, but encourage it. Also the snack selection and Fried Friday come in a close second.”

How did you become so popular on Twitter? “Literally no clue, but it’s awesome. I’d have tweets that blew up and lately my account has taken off… Seriously even my parents are huge fans of my account which is super weird.”

What is the best joke you have ever heard? “(Insert team here) is going to upset Bama.”

If your life were an ice cream flavor what would it be? “I’ve probably consumed enough of Ben & Jerry’s Tonight Dough for it to be part of me so we’ll go with that.”

Who is your celebrity crush? Nick Jonas

What is the best concert you have ever gone to? BEYONCÉ AND JAY Z ON THE RUN TOUR

Describe your dream date: “A cocktail party and I roll up in a shark suit, but tell him I am a dolphin. There are also 29 other women. We are on the bachelor. I receive a rose.”

Describe yourself in three words: outgoing, adventurous, ambitious 

What do you like to do in your free time? “Tweet, binge watch Netflix, pretend I didn’t just eat an entire pizza by myself.”

Where do you see yourself in five years? “I’d love to be back in Colorado or at least somewhere out west, living in Denver maybe. I’ll for sure have a corgi named Korgye West and hopefully my siblings will have kids so I can fulfill my duty as “cool aunt.” Career wise I’d love to be in Cyber Security or some kind of risk consulting.”

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.