This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Year: Junior
Major: Journalism
Relationship status: In a relationship
Hometown: Decatur, Ala.
Interests: Writing, reading, photography, music, sports
An interesting Fact: I went to Spain for the summer to teach English and Bible study
Tuscaloosa Involvement: I write for The Crimson White and for the Honors College magazine, Mosaic. I am also involved with Navigators, a campus ministry. 
What song on your iPod is currently on repeat? “Holland Road” by Mumford & Sons
If people were to give you a superlative, what would it be? Probably most likely to trip and fall
What is something people would be surprised to know about you? Probably that I used to play guitar and write my own songs, but they were terrible haha. 
What do you look for in a guy? He has to love Jesus, be funny, easy going, athletic, cute! 
What is the most confusing thing guys do? I think guys just communicate differently and I find that really confusing
Do you have a favorite pick up line? What is it? I don’t have one
What is your idea of a perfect date? I like being outside so hiking or going for walks is always nice. I also like doing anything spontaneous, so just anything random and fun is always good.
Would you rather have them make the first move, or would you make it? Them make the first the move
What is your best memory of Alabama/Tuscaloosa and why? My best memory is probably one night last year when several of my friends and I were sitting at TCBY and decided to drive to the beach and back in one night. We left at midnight and got back by noon. It was just really spontaneous and we had a really good time. 
If you could only bring 3 things on a deserted island, what would they be? I think I would have to bring three people with me. I am not sure I would survive very long on my own, but if I had to bring three things, I would bring a guitar to reteach myself to play, a book, and a pottery wheel.

Jessica Johnson is a senior at The University of Alabama double majoring in English Studies and Communication Studies while minoring in Creative Writing. Avid reader, writer and one-man band, Jessica is always working on a project of some sort. After spending summer 2011 interning with Atlanta's Q100 morning radio show (and waking up at 3:30am to dress for work) she has a new respect for early birds. When not playing with her three rescued mutts, you'll find her at Gallettes sippin' on a Yellow Hammer screaming ROLL TIDE ROLL!!