This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Year: Junior
Major:  Journalism
Relationship status: I have a cat.
Hometown: Huntsville, Ala.
Interests: Fashion, musicals, magazine reading, chocolate
An interesting Fact: I can lick my elbow and have won every limbo contest I’ve participated in
Tuscaloosa Involvement: I write a fashion column for The Crimson White and am on the PR/Sponsorship board with UA’s Dance Marathon, the largest college philanthropy in the country.
What song on your iPod is currently on repeat? The new Les Miserables sound track
If people were to give you a superlative, what would it be? It’d better be best dressed, then again most people don’t like my clothes, so maybe most likely to not wear athletic gear to class.
What is something people would be surprised to know about you? I live in a house with three guys.
What do you look for in a guy?  I like a guy with ambition and has a good relationship with his mom.
What is the most confusing thing guys do? Living with three guys has left little to the imagination in the realm of boy brains. Why are they messy and always leave the seat up?
Do you have a favorite pick up line? I think if a guy used a pick up line on me I’d walk the other direction. Pick up lines are for high school spring break trips.
What is your idea of a perfect date?  I’m not going to lie, I love any excuse to get dressed up, so anywhere I can sport heels.
Would you rather have them make the first move, or would you make it? I wish guys would make the first move more often, I think I’ve always been the assertive one in the relationship.
What is your best memory of Alabama/Tuscaloosa and why? My best memories at Alabama all include the awkwardness of freshman year, meeting who is now my best friend through our series of awful potluck roommates.
If you could only bring 3 things on a deserted island, what would they be? My cat Louise, my bookshelf (maybe that’s cheating, I’d have a heavy suitcase.) and chocolate.

Jessica Johnson is a senior at The University of Alabama double majoring in English Studies and Communication Studies while minoring in Creative Writing. Avid reader, writer and one-man band, Jessica is always working on a project of some sort. After spending summer 2011 interning with Atlanta's Q100 morning radio show (and waking up at 3:30am to dress for work) she has a new respect for early birds. When not playing with her three rescued mutts, you'll find her at Gallettes sippin' on a Yellow Hammer screaming ROLL TIDE ROLL!!