jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

‘Tis the Season at Starbucks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

Are you the type of person to start the holidays early? Or maybe you appreciate all of the seasonal food and drinks a month before it’s time for Christmas. Well I have some good news for you. Starbucks now has their seasonal drinks available and decorative cups!

I got in line to get a Starbucks drink this past Friday before beginning some homework. I was just thinking about getting the old pumpkin spice latte, until I saw the sign about the holiday drinks being back. As a first year college student, I’m just now exploring the world of Starbucks this semester since I never really needed coffee this bad. Therefore I had my first holiday drink Friday, which was a peppermint mocha frappuccino. Let me tell you, as a lover of peppermint and chocolate, it was amazing. I’ll for sure be trying out the hot coffee version soon. As for the other flavors, I’ll get around to trying them. I’ve had the hot chocolate many times however and it’s great, it tastes like more of a dark chocolate but I don’t mind.

In addition to these great new flavors coming back, we also have the cute cups! This year, they’re white which is just asking for some decoration. If you know someone who needs a pick me up, get them a warming drink from Starbucks this season and maybe decorate the cup to make it personalized or write a little message. Nothing says “friendship” like a warm cup of free coffee. Take it from me, a friend of mine got me a cup this morning on a gloomy Monday and it made my day. Use up the last of your college dining dollars/swipes at Starbucks this semester to put some smiles on people’s faces!

Freshman at The University of Akron. Majoring in Early Childhood Education. Lover of music, clothes and dogs.
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.