This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

My favorite part of the Olympics is always the opening and closing ceremonies.

You get to learn about another culture and get to see some pretty awesome performances. This year’s opening and closing ceremony in South Korea did not disappoint! From historic Korean traditions to KPOP, they had everything.

10-year-old Yang Tae-Hwan stole the show with his superb guitar performance skill.

CL killed her performance and really showed what being the baddest female really looks like.

K-POP supergroup, EXO, showed off their dancing and singing skills to their songs “Growl” and “Power” and shared to the rest of the world just what KPOP is all about.

The drones were back as they formed the white tiger mascot in the sky and then later formed a heart. The short segment showcasing the Beijing Olympics for 2022 had light up skaters and panda people! This was a great year for the Olympic performances and I can not wait for 2022 to learn more about a different culture!

Hello everyone! My name is Shaye and I'm a Media Studies major at The University of Akron. Writing and video production are my passions and I hope my writing can create a passion in you! 
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.