Survive The Holidays (And Your Finals) With HC Holiday Survival Kits!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

The holiday season is full of bright lights, endless festivities, and the opportunity to share joy with others.

While college students everywhere barrel toward finals week with the end goal of winter break on their minds, it’s important to take time to practice self-care as the semester comes to a close. Giving your best at the end of the semester can be draining, but having the right tools to keep you feeling motivated and fresh can make all the difference. This year’s Her Campus Holiday Survival Kit is full of fun, exciting items that will keep your creative mojo brewing despite the hectic schedule ahead.

Check out the items below to learn the best ways to de-stress while also enjoying the beauty of the holiday season!

Alba Botanica

Long nights at the library and early morning cram-sessions will likely leave your eyes feeling tired and in need of a serious revival. Thanks to Alba Botanica, the fast fix for puffy eyes gel provides a soothing cucumber combined with caffeine to instantly refresh and awaken even the most problem-prone under eyes. Not to mention this green-focused company uses 100% vegetarian ingredients, with no harsh sulfates, parabens, or animal testing. Feel good about your both your well-being & the environment with this great product!  

Tarte Cosmetics

The number one thing many college women look forward to post-finals (well, besides sleep) is a night out to celebrate the end of the semester. Tarte Cosmetics has developed a line of high-quality and high-fashion products to help get you in the party mood. The Tarteist™ Pro Palette includes 20 stunning eyeshadow shades developed with natural ingredients, including clay-matte and duochrome textures. The Lights, Camera, Lashes™ curls, volumizes, and defines each and every lash without the dreadful mascara clumping we all despise. Plan to impress all your friends and family at home when you apply these showstopping products, and don’t forget to wear them with confidence!

Being by Sanctuary

Dry skin is undoubtedly a sign that the winter season is here to stay. This year, stay extra hydrated while also smelling tasty enough to eat with hand creams from Being by Sanctuary. Choose from Salted Caramel & Macadamia or Cloudberry & Lychee Blossom to take an exotic scent up a notch. The self-proclaimed “ballsy beauty” company encourages women everywhere to embrace their truest selves, and by picking up a few of these products you will be on your way to living your best bad-bitch life!  

Krazy Glue

You truly never know when something unexpected will happen in your dorm, apartment, or even anywhere in between. Having a few Krazy Glue Singles on hand can make all the difference between a last-minute emergency and an easy-to-fix solution. Did your heel break in the middle of a night out? Or maybe you’re trying to finish up a project for class so that you can head home for break. Either way, these manageable singles are perfect to sneak in your purse or backpack just in case.

#ActuallySheCan + Le Motto

Who doesn’t love a good statement tee, especially when that statement is empowering to women? These stylish tanks were created as a collaboration between the #ActuallySheCan campaign by Allergan, a leader in women’s healthcare, and Le Motto, a top-notch fashion and graphics company. With slogans such as “Less Drama, More Karma,” “Less Regret, More Sweat,” and “Less Hesitation, More Meditation,” your activewear will both encourage you to find your focus while also rocking some cool threads.

These endlessly wonderful products are here to help collegiettes everywhere dominate the end of their semester while also preparing them to enjoy a well-deserved break. However you are spending the holiday season, we hope it is filled with happiness!

Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.