This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

After years of being a member of the Twitter community, my social media prayers have finally been answered. The latest tweet limit has been raised from 140 to 280, which creates even more room to rant on a social media platform. Which is kind of a blessing and a curse tied into one.

On one side, it solve the problem of having to delete words such as “and” and replace them with “&” or “you” into “u,” and the list can go on. So instead of being grammatically incorrect, we can actually finish our sentences! The best feeling in the world is when you have the perfect tweet. Especially when you’re wanting to get a rant going about politics, which is the ultimate way to tweet, it seems.

On another side, our timelines are going to be a little bit longer. So instead of reading tweets that are short and sweet and to the point, our timeline is going to be consumed of novels. Which can be a huge no-no. Twitter is nice because it is so precise, and you can do so much with 140 characters; but on the other hand, 280 might just be too much.

At the end of the day, I feel as if the new Twitter is going to be a love/hate relationship. I’m neither yay or nah, so far; just “eh.”  

Arden Palmquist is a Senior at The University of Akron majoring in Public Relations. She enjoys blogging and posting on her Instagram.
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.