This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

What girl doesn’t love walking through Sephora, affectionately looking through all of the different makeup products? Most importantly, what girl doesn’t feel overwhelmed by the prices of all of the products at Sephora? We feel you. That is why we took it upon ourselves here at Her Campus Akron to find makeup products just like Sephora’s, but at a much better price.

1.   Urban Decay’s NAKED3 Eyeshadow Palette – $54

This eye shadow palette by Maybelline has mostly the same shades as the NAKED3 palette, but at a much lower price. The Blushed Nudes, being priced at $9.99 online at ULTA, will save you $44.

2.   Urban Decay’s NAKED Eyeshadow Palette – $54

Maybelline saves the day again. This Nudes eyeshadow palette has the same color scheme of the original NAKED palette, but is again only $9.99 online at ULTA.

3.   Urban Decay’s Full Spectrum Eyeshadow Palette – $35

This palette covers so many bright colors, but you can find the same selections at a much cheaper price. Walmart sells this Hard Candy palette for only $6. You would be saving an entire $29 by buying this eye shadow at Walmart.

4.   Hourglass’s Ambient Lighting Edit Surreal Light Cheek Palette – $80

Physicians Formula makes so many bronzer and foundation products, and you can buy them inexpensively at Walmart. This specific palette has as many matching colors as Sephora’s Hourglass product, and with a price difference of practically $67, it is completely worth a try.

5.   Tarte’s Tartiest Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint – $20

Tarte’s lip paint gives a great matte finished look, and it is one of the cheaper items at Sephora; however, $20 for lip color can still be substantial. E.L.F.’s matte lip color can be bought at Walmart for only $3.

6.   NARS’s Lipstick – $28

NARS has many different lipstick shades (31 to be exact), but actually has less color options than Maybelline’s Color Sensation Lipstick, which has 38 different shades. At the cost of $5.50 at Walmart, what is holding you back?

We feel the same frustration you do for the prices of great makeup. Unless you are a special case, most college girls cannot afford all the wonderful cosmetics available. So why not spend less money on your favorite beauty essentials?

Hi! :) I am a student at the University of Akron, Akron, OH, but originally from Sharpsville, PA. I am double majoring with English and Adolescent-to-Young-Adult Education with Integrated Language Arts. I love sparkly things, my sisters, traveling, and having fun!
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.