andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Letters Through Spotify: The Latest Social Trend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

Welcome to 2017, where kids are dabbing, getting retweets for a lifetime supply of chicken nuggets, and creating letters for their significant others through Spotify. The phenomenon started when a girl decided to break up with her boyfriend through a Spotify playlist.

Now nobody said breakups were easy for either partners, but for some reason, possibly on a personal level, this girl is my spirit animal. It’s a certain type of level of pettiness that I truly aspire to reach one day.

We’ve all seen insane promposals, proposals, and ways to ask people to be in a relationship. But never have we’ve seen ways to dump somebody. Yet the creativity doesn’t stop there.

All I seem to see on twitter these days are playlists on spotify.

I won’t lie, this made me want to watch Shrek.

How about:

Any office lovers out there? My heart goes out to Toby.

And lastly, for all of our Cavs fans out there…

You start to wonder how these people have so much time on their hands. I guess at the end of the day, our society can still make jokes out of something that was supposed to be serious. Well, it was supposed to be a serious break up, right? Right…

Arden Palmquist is a Senior at The University of Akron majoring in Public Relations. She enjoys blogging and posting on her Instagram.