Halo Top Accommodates Vegans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

When was the last time you went shopping for ice cream at the grocery store? If you think back to anytime in the past few months, you’ve probably seen Halo Top on the shelves. It’s also been advertised on TV and social media like Instagram and Twitter.

If you’re still unaware of this new kind of ice cream, then I feel sorry for you. It’s a heavenly little pint of yumminess that’s always under 360 calories and packed with protein. There are a lot of flavors out there already, such as birthday cake, strawberry, chocolate, lemon cake, cookies and cream, sea salt caramel, pistachio, and many more. In fact, just this year Halo Top became the number one selling ice cream pint in the country, beating Ben & Jerry’s and Häagen-Dazs.

If you’re reading this and are a little sad because you’re vegan, and can’t eat ice cream, then cheer up! The company recently announced that they’re releasing vegan versions of some of their best flavors. They will be replacing the dairy with coconut milk to draw in vegan and lactose intolerant consumers.

The following flavors will be available for vegans in mid-October: Peanut Butter Cup, Chocolate, Oatmeal Cookie, Sea Salt Caramel, Caramel Macchiato, Cinnamon Roll, and Chocolate Covered Banana.

Soon enough, ice cream lovers everywhere of any life style can come together and enjoy a good ol’ pint of Halo Top.

Freshman at The University of Akron. Majoring in Early Childhood Education. Lover of music, clothes and dogs.
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.