This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

With summer now out and about, it’s only fair to start searching for music and musicians to jam to on your road trips, at the pool, boating, or even while hiding your toes in the sand. After all, your summer isn’t perfect without the right kind of music. Which is where I kind of come in. We all have our own music taste. We all have our own type of music that makes us want to dance in the rain or in the middle of the store.

But, I want to introduce to your three emerging pop female artists for the summer and the reason why you should give them a chance and add them to your summer playlist.

First on the list: Halsey. You’ve probably heard of her, one of the most talked about pop female musicians for her style of music. You’re probably wondering, “If I’ve heard of her and she’s someone who’s talked about a lot, how is she emerging?”

Well, good question. I’ve been listening to Halsey since before there was even an idea of releasing an EP called “Room 93.” I found her on YouTube and had always been obsessed with her musical sense. Quickly, word about Halsey had grown as she started pairing up with successful artists such as Justin Bieber and Chainsmokers. The female singer even sold out Madison Square Garden when her album, Bad​lands, was first out. In one year, she had released “Room 93” and became one of the most listened to artists by the time Badlands had emerged. And it only took one year.

And now, Halsey has done it again with her second album, Hopeless Fountain Kingdom. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I can’t stop listening to the entire album. Each song has a different story that ties with the theme of the album: love and heartbreak. If you haven’t listened to it yet, give it a try. It’s different than any other type of soundtrack you’ve heard from a pop star. Each lyric tells a tale that ties into a bigger story.

Next on my list of emerging pop female stars is, Hayley Kiyoko. You might recognize her from Disney movie, Lemonade Mouth, as the spunky guitarist determined to make a difference and to be heard. A great message, right? Well, Hayley still sends her message out in her music to this day.

In 2013, she released an album called, A Belle to Remember, starting her journey into creating a message for her fans. One of those messages being that love is love. The singer sings about her relationships with girls in the past and is truly one of the best artists out there. In 2015 she released an EP called, This Side of Paradise, with her most popular song, “Girls Like Girls.” It’s can be heard as a song telling society that girls can like girls and that’s that. One year later she released her third EP, Citrine.

Slowly, Hayley’s time is upon us and people are starting to hear about her music and learn the message that she is sending, which is to love yourself and all of your flaws. This past year she released a single called, “Sleepover,” and since then it’s been radio silence on an actual album. But that just means until then, we have to listen to her EP’s and pray that time is sooner rather than later.

Lastly, Noah Cyrus. Is it just me or did her singing career come out of nowhere? Still, the teenager is starting to get a lot of press and quickly getting her songs on the radio for everyone to hear. We all know her hit song, “Make Me Cry,” but it didn’t stop there. Since then she has released two more songs. And as I listen to her, I can’t help but see a little bit of Miley in her and even in her voice.

Quickly, she’s been releasing these singles one after the other. Do I hear an album coming soon? She’s always been “Miley’s little sister” and now she’s all grown up and ready to make her own career. With connections like hers, she’s been performing her few songs at award ceremonies and even a few music festivals. I’m very curious as to where she takes her career. Her music is perfect for a summer day where the windows are down and the wind is blowing your hair. Haven’t listened to her other songs yet? Well, what are you waiting for?!

Arden Palmquist is a Senior at The University of Akron majoring in Public Relations. She enjoys blogging and posting on her Instagram.
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.