This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

Welcome back Collegiettes! With all the excitement of the back-to-school season, shopping and planning have taken over most of our brains. Still looking for those extra little touches to make your room totally yours? Here’s some of our favorite ways to decorate our dorm rooms:

1. Mason Jars

Practical storage that is also super cute? Perfect! All you have to do for this one is get some mason jars, paint or spray paint them, set them out the dry, and put all our school supplies right inside!

2. Photo Displays

Everyone loves to put their favorite pictures on display, but why be bland with picture frames? To be unique, print out all the photos you love, and put them on your wall in whatever shape or form you want!

3. String Photos

Another great way to display all your awesome pics is to hang string lights on your wall and clothespin the photos to the lights. That way when all the lights are off in your room, you can still see your wonderful photos!

4. DIY Monthly Calendars

Organization is key, and it can easily be done with this awesome calendar! Get a picture frame, spray paint the frame whatever color you like best, print or draw a giant calendar on paper, and put it in the frame. Then use the glass as a draw erase board for your monthly events and to-dos. For an extra touch, make your calendar out of square paint samples from Lowe’s or Home Depot!

5. Tapestries

Who doesn’t love a good tapestry? You can hang it on your wall with some lights or even all on its own!

Hi! :) I am a student at the University of Akron, Akron, OH, but originally from Sharpsville, PA. I am double majoring with English and Adolescent-to-Young-Adult Education with Integrated Language Arts. I love sparkly things, my sisters, traveling, and having fun!