Are They Reptiles? Conspiracy Theory #1

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

If you’re obsessed with Youtube like I am, then you’ve probably heard of Shane Dawson. Dawson has been on Youtube for over 10 years now and has created over 1,000 videos.

In 2015, Dawson released the first of many conspiracy videos, entitled “CELEBRITY CONSPIRACY THEORIES!” I was immediately hooked.

Since the release of that video, I have seen every conspiracy theory that Dawson has ever reacted to, including the celebrity reptile conspiracy.

So, you may be asking yourselves, what is this conspiracy about? The “Celebrity Reptile Conspiracy” is the theory that all important people in the world, such as political figures and celebrities, are reptiles. Some of these figures include the Queen of England, Donald Trump, and Barack Obama, among others.

Within the past four years, there have allegedly been three celebrities who have almost blown their cover.  

JUSTIN BIEBER

In 2014, Justin Bieber was in court and people noticed that his eyes did something weird. Check it out for yourselves:

Still, this isn’t the only evidence that leads some to think that Bieber is a reptile.

In 2017, a website entitled PerthNow released an article about Bieber. He allegedly shape-shifted into a reptile at a public airport in front of hundreds of fans. These fans were said to have been absolutely horrified. Some eyewitnesses say that fans were hiding in bathrooms and sprinting toward the exits.

“But why is there no footage or pictures of this actually happening?” Supposedly, Bieber’s bodyguard was screaming at everyone in the vicinity, threatening to kick their teeth in if they recorded anything.

If you happen to be looking for the article on PerthNow, I’m sorry to say that shortly after its release, it was taken down. When asked about why the content was removed, Ben Martin, the head of digital content, responded: “I’m sad to say that we did not publish that piece.” To me, that sounds a little fishy. If that is the case, then where exactly did this article come from?

MILEY CYRUS

Included in the “Celebrity Reptile Conspiracy” is Miley Cyrus. During a 2013 interview with ABC News, Cyrus’ eyes appear to do something very similar to Justin Bieber’s. Her pupils constrict to nearly vertical lines and appear to be very reptile-like. Check it out:

At first, I was thinking it had to be her contact lenses, but how could it have been? It was both eyes at the same time.

Now I know it’s a stretch, but think about it. What exactly is Miley Cyrus known for?

1. Being nearly nude

2. Sticking out her tongue.

Hm, that sounds very similar to something else we all know.

Interesting…

RIHANNA

Last but certainly not least on this list is Rihanna. Like Cyrus, Rihanna also had a case of “reptile eyes” during an interview. Now, when I saw this clip, I didn’t see the change in eyes at first. After putting the clip into slow motion, I was speechless. Here’s a clip of Dawson covering the “Reptile Celebrity Conspiracy” of Rihanna:

After discussing the Rihanna theory, Shane goes on to say that he has talked to people who work in special effects. They say to recreate that phenomenon on an interview is extremely difficult and time consuming.  

FINAL THOUGHTS

Do I believe that there are reptiles out there dressed as people? Probably not, but some of this evidence is making me question things.  If this conspiracy theory is real, who else is a reptile? What would they be doing here? How did they get here? Are they reptiles or aliens?

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Until then, feel free to check Dawson’s Youtube channel at here.

Lauren is currently a junior at the University of Akron. She is studying to become a high school mathematics teacher, and anticipates on graduating in Spring 2019. Outside of Her Campus, Lauren is involved in Kanga Blue, UA's all-female a cappella group, where she holds an executive position as the Musical Director.
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.