jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ten Accessible Ways to Kill Time In An Airport

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

There’s nothing a college student wants more than to go home. Yet sometimes, you get a little bit more than you bargained for. Here are ten things to do when you’re stuck in the Atlanta airport, staring at bland carpeting, listening to distant music, and watching other people sneeze.

1. Eat! There is no shortage of options in the Atlanta airport, from the inexpensive grab-n-go to the outrageously unaffordable sit-down restaurants. Allow me to recommend Grindhouse Killer Burgers for a more middle-of-the-road selection.

giphy.com

2. Shop! Even if you don’t make a purchase (gotta love those jacked up prices), it can still be fun to window shop. Hartsfield-Jackson has kitschy souvenir shops but also high-end stores like MAC and The Body Shop.

giphy.com

3. People-watch! You will be amazed at the endless hours of entertainment that your fellow humans can provide. You may spot someone running for a flight, or a child, sprawled on the floor, screaming because the McDonald’s line is too long.

giphy.com

4. Ride the plane train! This provides an exciting method of transportation, all the way from Concourse T, to A, B, C, D, E, and even F! You don’t even need to leave the train to experience the magic that the plane train cultivates.

giphy.com

5. Have your own private dance party in a lighted area (just outside the train exit in Concourse A). Of course, this won’t actually be private, and your fellow travelers will absolutely be able to see you. But isn’t it all worth it to bring yourself and them a little bit of joy?!

giphy.com

6. Pet other people’s dogs! Wait outside the service dog relief area (there’s one in every concourse) and beg strangers to allow you to pet those fuzzy boys.

giphy.com

7. Have a good cry in the bathroom! Sometimes you just really want to go home.

giphy.com

8. Buy snacks! Or better yet, set your money on fire! Both options provide you with about the same amount of value.

giphy.com

9. Do some schoolwork! Feel free to open up a blank Word Document, and stare at it for an hour. This kills time and leaves you with the impression that you’ve been productive.

giphy.com

10. Write an article for Her Campus! Kill twenty minutes by sharing your pain with other college students.

thumbnail:  Photo by Ross Parmly on Unsplash

Claire Romine

Agnes Scott '21

Claire Romine was born and raised in West Palm Beach, FL. She currently attends Agnes Scott College, as an English Literature and Political Science double major. Interests include yelling about Taylor Swift and reading terrible young adult novels.