jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Day in the Life of a Scottie as told by Gavin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

If you haven’t heard of Gavin, then you’re doing this whole life thing wrong. Gavin is a 6-year old kid from Minnesota, who rose to his internet fame when his uncle, Nick Mastodon started using Vine to showcase Gavin’s daily struggles. Our friend, Gavin, has the best reactions and therefore has become the new face of memes. In lieu of crazy midterms approaching, here are ways Gavin describes a day in the life of a Scottie.

When you hear the lawn mowers and birds chirping at 7 a.m. that are basically acting like your alarm for class.

Walking to class and being intimidated by the squirrels that are taking over Agnes day by day.

When you look at your professor knowing nothing’s making sense yet they still call on you.

Seeing the Black Cat rush.

When you see the usual options at Evans and want to cry on the inside.

When you check your mail and your package has, indeed, arrived.

After a long day of classes, you finally can go back home and take a nap…

But then realize it’s laundry day.

It’s finally dinner time and if it’s Meatless Monday, you’re contemplating between Chik-fil-A or Mollie’s.

When you’re trying to convince yourself that homework is a social construct and doesn’t need to be done, right?

When you end your night with a Her Campus Meeting at 7:30 p.m. in Winship Basement.

Good Luck on Midterms, everyone!

Syedha Noreenia

Agnes Scott '19

(she/her/hers) is a senior Political Science major and a Business Management minor. Originally born in Brooklyn, New York, Syedha has been raised in Atlanta and proudly calls both cities home along with her parents' motherland of Pakistan. Through her degree, she believes in empowerment/representation and fighting for social justice through analyzing organizational behavior. She enjoys coming up with Instagram captions, infiltrating the system, and spending money that she doesn't have on food.
MeaResea is an alumna of Agnes Scott College where she majored in Economics and minored in Spanish. She recharted the HCASC chapter in the fall semester of 2016. She served as the Editor-in-Chief and President of Her Campus at Agnes Scott. Her favorite quote and words that she lives by are, "She believed she could, so she did." -Unknown http://meareseahomer.agnesscott.org/