All the Emotions You Are Feeling in the Last Month of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

We all go through a cycle of emotions each semester. At the beginning of the semester, we are motivated and optimistic about the future. We promise ourselves that we aren’t going to procrastinate and we are going to finish all of our projects early. The possibility of getting straight A’s is high, and we feel like we are getting enough sleep. After the first month of school, things start to pick up. Tests all seem to be on the same day, and you have a presentation every week. Doom doesn’t seem inevitable at this point, though, because there is still so much of the semester left to turn things around. Now, we are entering the final phase of the cycle — actual doom. It is the last month of the semester, all the big projects lie ahead, and there isn’t that much opportunity to turn that D into an A+. So here are some thoughts and emotions you might be feeling entering into November.

How many weeks left?

(Image from giphy.com)

Have I exceeded the absence limit yet?

(Image from giphy.com)

What would happen if I skipped all my classes for the rest of the day? Week? Semester….?

(Image from giphy.com)

What is a social life?

(Image from giphy.com)

**Decides to go out instead of doing homework**

(Image from giphy.com)

Rationale: I can finish all of this over Thanksgiving Break.

(Image from giphy.com)

When was the last time I slept?

(Image from giphy.com)

I don’t think this nap will put me behind too much…

(Image from giphy.com)

Do I really need a college degree?

(Image from giphy.com)

I should really start that research paper that is due next week.

(Image from giphy.com)

Can I ask for a third extension on this paper?

(image from giphy.com)

How much would it hurt my grade if I didn’t turn in this assignment.

(Image from giphy.com)

Next semester I’m not going to procrastinate.

(Image from giphy.com)

That’s what I said last semester.

(Image from giphy.com)

Even though you might be feeling these thoughts, we only have a month left! Try to push through, take a nap, treat yourself, and finish the semester out strong!

MeaResea is an alumna of Agnes Scott College where she majored in Economics and minored in Spanish. She recharted the HCASC chapter in the fall semester of 2016. She served as the Editor-in-Chief and President of Her Campus at Agnes Scott. Her favorite quote and words that she lives by are, "She believed she could, so she did." -Unknown http://meareseahomer.agnesscott.org/