george pagan iii f PH16nZHKI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
george pagan iii f PH16nZHKI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Forgotten Shows That Will Give You Nostalgia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

The 90’s and early 2000’s were undoubtedly a wholesome time period for most of us. I used to come back from school around 3-4ish and eat a quick snack then go outside to play until the street lights came on, or I would stay inside and watch all these amazing shows that aired on Nick, Disney, and even PBS. After hearing the sad news regarding Toys R Us, which was basically the holy grail for me as a child, I reminisced with a friend about the good ole shows that hardly get mentioned within the mainstream throwbacks. Below are five forgotten shows that truly had me saying, “omg, yessss,” and “good times” from that conversation

1. Clifford

The Big Red Dog! C’mon, I’m not a huge dog person, but Clifford was definitely the first dog I fell in love with. The amount of #loyalty he exhibited to his owner, Emily, was absolutely adorable.

Image via Rochester

2. Wonder Pets

I can’t be the only one who used to sing along to the Wonder Pets theme song, right?! I mean, maybe I could be but Linny the Guinea Pig, Ming-Ming the Duckling, and Turtle Tuck definitely made me feel like I was part of their adventures.

Image via Amazon

3. Little Bill

“Little Bill, who are you talking to?” Little Bill taught so many important life lessons whether that was about family, life, love, or simply the cliche: you can do anything you imagine.

Image via iTunes

4. Maya and Miguel

Not only did I learn a little bit of Spanish from this show, Maya and Miguel taught me a lot about cultural diversity and the importance of one’s family heritage. The show had such a rich, diverse neighborhood and community, it was always so interesting to see the episode end with things around the world that people are partaking in!

Image via Coloring2Print

5. Looney Tunes

A classic, what’s more to say? You know when the red backdrop came on, it was about to go down. Although the show’s iconic character was arguably Bugs Bunny, my favorite was definitely Tweety Bird.

Image via Wikia

Syedha Noreenia

Agnes Scott '19

(she/her/hers) is a senior Political Science major and a Business Management minor. Originally born in Brooklyn, New York, Syedha has been raised in Atlanta and proudly calls both cities home along with her parents' motherland of Pakistan. Through her degree, she believes in empowerment/representation and fighting for social justice through analyzing organizational behavior. She enjoys coming up with Instagram captions, infiltrating the system, and spending money that she doesn't have on food.
MeaResea is an alumna of Agnes Scott College where she majored in Economics and minored in Spanish. She recharted the HCASC chapter in the fall semester of 2016. She served as the Editor-in-Chief and President of Her Campus at Agnes Scott. Her favorite quote and words that she lives by are, "She believed she could, so she did." -Unknown http://meareseahomer.agnesscott.org/