This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

On Friday, April 21, 2017, Agnes Scott students were tested when the wifi was down for over 12 hours. Scotties didn’t know what to do without Google Suite, printers, Netflix, and more. Faculty and staff were using this opportunity to take care of spring cleaning because they could not do their work either. All of us made it through the wifi outage on Friday, but most of us experienced some (or all) of these stages of grief.

Confusion

What’s happening? Is it just my building?

Stress

I have 5 papers due, 7 finals to study for, an internship application due, and I have to figure out how to save the world… What am I going to do???

Abandonment 

How long can it take to fix the wifi? Where is AT&T?

Anger

How are we supposed to do college without wifi?!

Fear

What if it never comes back?

Nostalgia

This is how the Scotties did it in the old days…

Excitement

I wonder if class will be canceled… What if they have to cancel exams?!

Impatient

It’s been over 10 hours… What could AT&T be doing?

Bored

I haven’t gone this long without Netflix since it was created.

Acceptance

Well… This is how it’s going to be now.

Thumbnail and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

MeaResea is an alumna of Agnes Scott College where she majored in Economics and minored in Spanish. She recharted the HCASC chapter in the fall semester of 2016. She served as the Editor-in-Chief and President of Her Campus at Agnes Scott. Her favorite quote and words that she lives by are, "She believed she could, so she did." -Unknown http://meareseahomer.agnesscott.org/