This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

As wedding season approaches, we can’t help but think of our own one day. Whether you get excited walking past Kleinfeld Bridal boutique in NYC or enjoy flipping through countless bridal magazines, it’s never too early to get ideas in mind. Take it from the girl who has been dreaming about her wedding day since she was five years old. Playing dress-up was never complete without my mother’s wedding veil. While most of us are in college trying to figure out the rest of our lives, a little daydreaming can’t hurt. But with dresses, elaborate menus, and guest lists aside, have you ever considered where you would want to walk down the aisle? Here are a few wedding destinations that will make you want to say YES right now (and have your boyfriend heading for the hills):

Brooklyn, New York

Need I say any more? Whether you are from the east coast (or west coast) Brooklyn is one of the most eclectic places to have your special day. Warehouse venues have become a popular trend giving off a bohemian and trendy vibe. These venues are often adorned with flowers (or whatever your heart desires) to give off a dreamlike ambiance. Also, just think about the glamorous shots you could take in front of the Brooklyn Bridge with New York City as your landscape! Check out some of Brooklyn’s finest venues here:

La Jolla, San Diego California

It looks like a June wedding to me! La Jolla, commonly known as the Jewel, is a hidden gem in San Diego, California. If you are lucky enough to stay at La Valencia hotel in the heart of La Jolla, you and your guests will be waking up to the sound of the Pacific ocean (and sea lions) every morning. Wedding receptions are held on a terrace that overlooks the ocean and cuisines are designed by professional chefs themselves. Hey… if it’s good enough for Oprah, it’s good enough for me! Check out LaV here:

Bora Bora, Island in French Polynesia

Is your dream destination unrealistic money-wise? That’s ok because mine is too (and I plan on staying local). However, if you make it big one day, Bora Bora is the place to be. Not only could your reception take place on the beach, but your honeymoon as well! So if you want to be on a beach sipping margaritas with your future hubby, find out more information about this wedding destination here:

Amalfi, Italy

If you’re looking for a romantic destination, the coast of Amalfi, Italy awaits you. From the beautiful landscape to cuisine, your reception is already set! Imagine the delicious food you and your guests could partake in. From traditional pasta to pizza (and everything in-between), Italian cuisine is to die for. Find out more information about Amalfi coast weddings here:

Kruger, South Africa

Ditch the Eiffel tower and go on a safari instead! At Kruger National Park, you and your guests are able to go on a safari of a lifetime. From a safari to a romantic dinner to a spa night, Kruger has a lot to offer. Not many people will be able to say they had elephants and lions on their guest list. Check out their fabulous wedding package here:

With these dream wedding destinations in mind, it’s hard not to want to jump on a plane and say “I do” to ourselves! However, with Prince Charming by your side, the experience will only be that much better… just give him a few years. So with that said, start planning, flip through magazines, and get hyped because the rest of your life has only just begun!

Hi! My name is Kerri Hayman and I am an undergraduate student at Adelphi University. My passion for writing lies within the lines of my poetry. I truly believe that when spoken word fails, written word speaks. Writing has allowed me to open a creative door for others to venture through and to relate on a personal level. Through struggles and triumphs, writing has become an artistic outlet for me to express my creative self!