This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

As soon as January comes to an end stores start stocking their Valentine’s Day decor. *eye roll* Being surround by large teddy bears and the colors pink and red just remind me how single I am.  You know what though? Valentine’s Day is a day about love, and not just for those in relationships. If you’re a single pringle like me, keep reading to see how you can spend Valentine’s Day!

Movie Night

Grab your single friends and go watch a movie! “50 Shades Darker” just hit theaters and it’s a great film to watch during the Valentine’s Day season.  If you don’t have any single friends then go alone! That sounds way more pathetic than it actually is, trust me.  I went to a movie by myself once, it’s actually really relaxing. 

Treat Yourself

Show yourself some love and go shopping! If you’ve been eyeing something for a while this might be the time to go ahead and splurge. Also, don’t be afraid to buy yourself jewelry.  Again, this sounds a lot more pathetic than it actually is.  You are strong and independent and don’t need a partner to spoil you!

Spa Day

Stress builds up so quickly, so what better way is there to spends Valentine’s Day than de-stressing? Go for a massage or a facial. Anything you find relaxing.  It’s only the second month of 2017 and we still have a lot coming our way.  It’s best to be as relaxed as possible. You don’t even have to go out for this! You can buy a few masks at the drugstore and put one on as you do your nails.  It’s a great way to avoid responsibility, but still be productive while doing so. 

50% off Chocolates!

This one isn’t exactly on Valentine’s Day, but how great are the sales on sweets on the 15th?! Everything is literally a steal because the prices are cut in half. It’s OK to have a cheat day with Valentine’s Day chocolate. You can also do a “Day After Valentine’s Day Gift Exchange” with your single friends.  Buy a bunch of half off chocolate and exchange! 

Work Out

You might be wondering why this is on the list, but you have to start working on your Summer body.  This way you won’t be single next Valentine’s Day! We’re totally kidding of course. Work out for yourself so you can feel hot af when you look at yourself in the mirror.  You don’t need a partner to appreciate your greatness. Also, you might want to work off the chocolate you ate, so you can eat more without feeling guilty!

Spend Time With Family

Like we said before, Valentine’s Day is a day for sharing love. It’s always nice spending time with family, especially if you dorm.  It’s not always easy to drive back home, but even a simple video chat will do. Show your family how much you love them, miss them, and appreciate them!

We hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day whether you’re single or taken. Did any of these ideas inspire you? Keep on being awesome!

xo HCAU