Top Fall Festivals on Long Island

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

The coming of fall means it is time for all the amazing fall festivals which are great opportunities to have fun, not to mention all the perfect Insta fall photo-ops!

1. Garden of Eve’s Garlic Festival- September 16 & 17, 2017 10am-6pm

You can definitely leave the breath mints behind for this festival. Vendors will have all different kinds of garlic inspired foods such as garlic soup, pickled garlic, and even garlic ice cream! Along with all the garlic foods there will also be hayrides (weather permitting), live music, farm animals, a junior garlic iron chef competition and a stinky garlic breath competition! This is a one of a kind event you do not want to miss! Click here for more information

1. Long Island Oddities Market: Halloween Edition- September 23 12-8 pm

This special Halloween edition of a Long Island Flea Market is something you will not want to miss. Vendors will be selling bone jewelry, taxidermy animals, antiques and more spectacularly spooky items to help you decorate for Halloween! The first 50 attendants will receive swag bags!  Click here for more information

1. 27th Annual Long Island Apple Festival- September 24, 2017 11am- 4:30pm

Nothing beats a good, old fashioned apple festival. This festival will include old-fashioned games like an apple relay race, tug-o-war and apple-head doll making! There will of course be many apple inspired foods such as, apple cider, homemade pretzels, apple cider doughnuts and homemade jams! You will also be able to take a peek inside the barn and check out the agrarian tools they have! Click here for more information

1. Seaford Harvest Festival – September 24, 2017 10:30 am- 4:00 pm

Taking place on Waverly Avenue between Southard and Jackson Ave and in the parking lot of the Seaford History Museum Parking lot; this harvest festival will have all the makings of a wonderful time. There will be over 50 different vendors, food, raffles, and of course entertainment all day long! Click here for more information

1. Amityville Fall Festival -October 7, 2017 10:00 am- 4:00 pm

This fun fall festival put together by the Amityville Rotary Club will have lots of fun fall activities for everyone, entertainment and delicious apples, apple turnovers, and of course apple cider doughnuts! Click here for more information

1. Long Island Fall Festival – October 6: 5-9 pm, OCtober 7: 11 am-9 pm, October 8: 11 am- 9 pm, and October 9: 11 am- 5 pm

Four fun days of a world class carnival, two international food courts, and four stages for live entertainment will keep you very busy during the mini fall break! Click here for more information

Danielle Kash

Adelphi '20

Hello there! I am Danielle Kash. I am a Business Management Major at Adelphi. I love to travel, cooking and LOVE to watch movies! Hope you enjoy my articles as much as I enjoy writing them! 
Hi, I'm Alexis! I'm a senior Communications major with a journalism concentration, and I'm an editor and campus co-coordinator for our Adelphi chapter of Her Campus! After graduating, I hope to write for news organizations that cover important social and humanitarian issues in our political sphere and in the global community. Other than writing, I enjoy reading, napping, and sightseeing. One fun fact about me is that I'm left-handed, which means I'm more likely to become President! I mainly write political content relating to the most current issues facing our country and the world.