Top 3 Reasons Why Having a Mother/Daughter Day is Necessary

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Stress, stress, and more stress; it’s just that time of the year. If only there was a way to make it go away–even temporary. Just like when you were a young child Mom was able to help you with any problems, late or small, and now that you’re older  your older she can do that as well as have fun too. Here are the three best ways to have a day with mom and have fun too.

1. Shopping Spree with Mom:

Who said a little retail therapy couldn’t help someone? When I’ve gone shopping with my mom we’ll start with small talk  like, “How are you, what’s going on?” Type of talking to begin but as the more time we are either just walking around the mall, trying clothes on, sometimes buying things. By the end, or at least by the time,  we get from one side of the mall to the other side of the mall, we get to the deep questions like, my mom will ask deeper questions about my life plans, my opinions on small and harder debatable topics, or what my plans are after college. By the time we leave we’ve not only got some exercise but we’ve gotten to know one another more and maybe a little closer as well.

1. Staying in and watching movies together:

Movie Nights are always fun! With plenty of ways to get films nowadays, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, Showtime, Starz and more, there’s always a way to get a fun movie or movies you’ll both enjoy.

1. Fun activity that you both enjoy.

Find that special activity/hobby that you both share and enjoy, whether that be scrapbooking, cooking, bike riding, or even fixing motorcycles and cars or canoeing together. Any and all activities you guys love to do together. You can even try something new together. The worst that could happen is you didn’t like the activity, but no matter what the outcome you can still get one more memory that only you two only can share together.

Abraham Lincoln once said, “All that I am or ever hope to be I owe to my angel mother” and deep down we all know this too. Through all the disagreements and arguments, through the worrying and the laughter, through the crying for both pain and the happiness, Mom has been there for us. Why not spend a day to thank mom and have a no stress day that the two of you can share?

Hi, I'm Kait. I am currently a senior at Adelphi University and I am a Communications Major with a concentration in Digital Media and Cinema Studies. I love writing and have written stories ever since I was a little girl. Once I graduate from Adelphi University I hope to become a screenwriter working for film or television. But until then you'll see me socializing with my friends and family, studying for the next exam, or writing my scripts in the library.