neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Time Management..Told by Cats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

College is a stressful time, balancing your classes, friends, clubs, and everything else in your life can be overwhelming! You are on your own for the first time and have a more flexible schedule, but a heavier workload. These adorable cats have some tips to help you survive.

1. Make a schedule

I know it seems simple and obvious, but many people forget to grab a planner to jot down assignments. Even having a white board in your room or plugging things into your phone calendar can be a great way to stay on top of things and leave time for fun activities too!

2. Don’t overwork yourself

As many different clubs as Adelphi has, you might be tempted to join a ton. However, committing yourself to such a large number of clubs will overwhelm you. It’s hard to put a full effort into things, and if you spread yourself too thin you might stress! Its best to stay invested in a few clubs, teams, or a sorority so you can leave time for yourself to do homework and have a social life- you don’t want to be clawing your eyes out!

3. Know the shuttle schedule

If you don’t have a car or aren’t lucky enough to have a close friend with one, it’s good to keep track of the shuttle schedule! You don’t want to be stressing out about buying poster board at 8pm Sunday night with no way off campus! Keeping the pdf on your phone or in your room works so that you can schedule your mall trips and Dunkin runs accordingly!

4. Keep your friends in the loop!

We’re lucky enough to live in a technological age where you can contact friends in seconds. So no one feels left out or lost, make use of group messages so you can all get together! Whether it’s brunch at Post or heading to a party, it’s smart to get a good group together with everyone in the know!

5. Give yourself you time

Just to hang back with your roommate and watch Friends reruns or to read a good book in Swirbul, make sure that with all the fun things you’re doing to let yourself have some chill time every so often. It can be as simple as doing yoga between classes or having some tea while your laundry is in the wash.

6. Be aware of your class schedule

Sometimes it’s unavoidable to have to take a bunch of gen eds one semester. But if you can, work with your advisor so that you don’t stress yourself out too much. Yes, it would be great to have no classes on Wednesday but is it worth it to take five classes Thursday and Friday? Make sure you have a schedule that gives you time to get lunch and still make the meeting for the clubs that are important to you.

7. Get lots of sleep!!!

Yes, its college and we know everyone stays up late and crams last minute for those midterms,  but try to give yourself a break once and a while. Do your best to get eight  hours every night (when your can) or take cat naps between classes. All that late night studying won’t make a difference if you fall asleep during the exam. And you don’t want to go broke buying too much $5 amp from the UC!

Freshman acting major at Adelphi University :)
Adelphi Campus Correspondent. Natalie is a sophomore at Adelphi University where she studies Acting and English passionately. In between her studies, she enjoys jam-packing her schedule through writing for contentBase.co, holding a chair position on the Student Activities Board and shining on the stage in school productions. She loves cats, coffee, fashion and music almost as much as she does writing. Her goal as a journalist is to inspire as many ambitious, young people, like herself, to make the most of their lives as possible.