Things We Forget to Be Grateful For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Often times, the busier our lives are, the less we appreciate the little things in life that are worth noticing. Sometimes it’s because we are trying to balance life and the catastrophes that may come, that we over look little things and people that we should be thankful for. The holidays is a perfect time to reflect and be thankful for the little things we might overlook. Here is a list of a few little things to be thankful for this holiday season.

Good health- You might not be as healthy as you want to be, but it’s always good to be thankful that your health is not as bad as it can be.

Money on your accountHaving as little as $10 or having pocket change might make you richer than most people on earth.

Opportunity to have an education– Not many people are offered the opportunity to make their dream job come true.

Having a home– Having a place to call home is something worth being thankful for.

Laughter– Laughter is often the best medicine and gives us happiness.

Friends– Having people that support and love you is extremely important to be thankful for.

Waking up today– Being thankful for having the ability to wake up is something we often overlook despite its importance.

Eyesight– The ability to see the world’s beauty is a gift we might overlook every day.

During this holiday season, remember to be thankful for every little thing in your life. Every little thing in our life has an importance in shaping who we are as human beings.

I am currently working for Chernoff Diamond, a financial consulting firm. I have a passion for writing and going to the gym. My main mission is to utilize my writing and journalism skills to help advocate for the underprivileged. With determination and hard work, I am motivated to travel around the world and learn about people's stories in hope to become more knowledgeable about the world.