This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

As we slowly start to creep into fall, the demand for pumpkin flavored goods has skyrocketed. From pumpkin pie to the notoriously popular pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts, people are going crazy for pumpkin spice.

On the first of September, Starbucks once again brought back their pumpkin spice latte which has proven to be a huge hit with its customers. Rather than the artificial pumpkin flavor from last year, Starbucks decided to go with a more natural, yet sweet pumpkin flavor for their returning latte. Made by our very skilled baristas, and topped off with whipped cream and pumpkin spice powder; this latte really gives you the taste of fall with every sip. Customers could get it hot, iced, and even as a blended frappuccino at any of your local Starbucks store.

Coffee-wise, Dunkin Donuts also has their own version of pumpkin spice. Dunkin also brought back their classic pumpkin macchiato which has been a huge hit for those who want more of a stronger coffee taste rather than getting their regular pumpkin iced coffee. Also, customers are able to get this beverage iced or hot. Similar to Starbucks, Dunkin also has their version of a pumpkin spice latte which customers can get iced or hot as well.

For those of you 21 and over, there is also pumpkin beer for anyone who is feeling a little more spontaneous and wants to try something new. Some of the 3 best pumpkin beers in the United States include; Southern Tier Pumking which Lakewood New York brewery puts out around this happy season; Dogfish Head Punkin Ale from a brewery in Delaware and; Hangar 24 Gourdgeous Pumpkin Porter which can be found in the redlands of California. Some local markets such as Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods Market sell pumpkin beer which makes it a lot more convenient for customers.  

One of the most common fall traditions include pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving and pumpkin pie baking. If you live in the Long Island area, some of the best pumpkin patches are located right in Nassau County. Located on Hempstead Ave, Crossroads Farm at Grossmann’s can be the place to find your ideal pumpkin. Not only do they sell pumpkins, they also sell farm fresh produce if you want to do some food shopping while you’re pumpkin picking. If Hempstead Ave is too far from you, there is another pumpkin patch located on Atlantic Ave in Oceanside. Dee’s Nursery & Florist Inc., has a fall festival every year in celebration of the upcoming season. Refreshments are given at the festival along with pony rides, a petting zoo, and of course, pumpkin patches.

Another popular tradition includes pumpkin carving. This can be a chance to show your artistic side and get creative when carving your jack-o-lantern. Many people also use their pumpkin as a form of decoration once Halloween comes along.

Lastly, baking can be one of the most rewarding pastimes, if done correctly. Baking pies is not rocket science, but it can be difficult for those who never baked or cooked. By following simple directions, you can also bake your very own pumpkin pie in your home. If you want to bake the perfect pumpkin pie, click here. on the link below for the ingredients and directions on how to bake the pie.

There are many ways to celebrate the upcoming season, whether it’s baking pies, carving pumpkins or just by simply experiencing the taste of fall with every sip of a pumpkin beverage, there is something to do for everyone no matter the age.

Hi, my name is Gabby. I am currently a Junior at Adelphi University. I am a psychology major and I wish to pursue a career in child psychology. I am originally from Staten Island, New York. I am also on the Equestrian team at Adelphi. I am a coffee fanatic and enjoy yoga. I enjoy having movie nights and staying in. I love everything Disney and my favorite Disney princess is Ariel from The Little Mermaid. 
Hi, I'm Alexis! I'm a senior Communications major with a journalism concentration, and I'm an editor and campus co-coordinator for our Adelphi chapter of Her Campus! After graduating, I hope to write for news organizations that cover important social and humanitarian issues in our political sphere and in the global community. Other than writing, I enjoy reading, napping, and sightseeing. One fun fact about me is that I'm left-handed, which means I'm more likely to become President! I mainly write political content relating to the most current issues facing our country and the world.