Here’s Every Reason You Should Buy From Tarte Cosmetics!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Don’t you love it when you discover something new and start wondering where it’s been all your life? Well, it’s about to happen to you all over again! Tarte Cosmetics, founded by Ph.D. candidate Maureen Kelly, is a well-known, highly reputable makeup brand that has products flying off shelves left and right. You’re about to find out what that Tarte hype is all about.

You can find their products pretty much anywhere.

You can find Tarte products in Macy’s, Ulta Beauty, Sephora, JCPenney, QVC, Dermstore, and more! It’s literally impossible to miss this brand anywhere if you’re into makeup.

They are cruelty-free!

That’s right; all your cute, little furry friends are spared from the wrath of animal testing and animal cruelty. Tarte has a heart! If that doesn’t impress you, their products also do not contain parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, triclosan, sodium lauryl sulfate, or gluten.

Their products stay on for a long time.

This is the perfect makeup line for those nights partying, clubbing, hanging out with friends, or even just getting through a long day of school or work. (Hint: The 4-in-1 setting mist from their Rainforest of the Sea™ Collection works wonders at keeping your makeup on all day! And no joke, it smells like the ocean.)

They’re P-O-P-U-L-A-R.

Did you know that Tarte sells 1 Shape Tape Contour Concealer every 12 seconds? That’s a lot of makeup; an impressive amount that deserves to be recognized. Also, it shows that Tarte is clearly doing something right in the makeup game.

Speaking of popularity, they’re a very recognized company.

Tarte Cosmetics’ “Lights, Camera Lashes” mascara was named the best natural mascara in Allure’s 2016 Reader’s Choice Awards. It even increases lash volume by 424%!

They actively campaign against cyber-bullying.

Have you ever heard of the hashtag #kissandmakeup? Well, that’s all Tarte! In 2016, they teamed up with the anti-bullying organization ByStander Revolution to spread awareness of cyber-bullying through Instagram posts with the hashtag #kissandmakeup. The idea is simple: post a selfie of yourself covering your face with your hands, which has lipstick kisses in place of actual lips!

If you’ve never heard of Tarte Cosmetics, you know all about them now! I would highly recommend checking their products out. Personally, my favorite Tarte products are the 4-in-1 setting mist and the Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost Moisturizer, both from their Rainforest of the Sea™ Collection. Run to your nearest makeup providers, Tartlettes! The last Shape Tape Contour Concealer in your color might just be waiting for you on that shelf.

Hey everyone! My name is Noor and I'm a 20 year-old college senior. I'm studying biology, I'm in the Levermore Global Scholars program, and my long term goal is to go to medical school to become an obstetrician. I'm also currently a Professional Birth Assistant. I'm a huge rock/metal aficionado- you'll see me at just about every heavy show in New York City! Oh, and I'm makeup-obsessed. Seriously, you'll probably run into me at a Sephora in the Lower East Side, trying on (and probably buying) yet another illuminator or matte cream lip tint. I'm also a proud Muslim who wears the headscarf (hijab) and my motto is that you should have the right to to anything and everything you want in life, just as long as you're not hurting yourself or others. Life is a beautiful little thing and we all have to make the best of it. :) Writing and drawing has been my therapy and escape for years, so I hope you enjoy my work!