Dominique Kelman-Poto ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Let’s meet Dominique Kelman-Poto! He’s a sophomore business management major and he plays on the Adelphi men’s basketball team. He moved to New York from New Zealand and English is his second language. When talking to him, you wouldn’t even realize that English is his second language! It was clear to see that Dominique is a really cool (and super tall!) person to hang out with. 

FUN Fact: I have a size 16 foot.

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: My hobbies include video games, flag football, and ping pong.

Q: What do you love about Adelphi?

A: The number one thing that I love about Adelphi is the the spirit that every panther has when it comes to games, I love when any game is packed out, because it shows the players that the fans really care.

FUN Fact: I’m from New Zealand.

Q: What do you wish to do when you graduate? (What are your goals)

A: I want to go back to school and get my architecture and engineering degree to open my own architecture firm.

Q: Do you have any role models?

A: My parents because they always push me to be my best and Lebron James because he is redefining the game of basketball.

Q: What’s your favorite place at Adelphi?

A: I have two, the first is Post Hall because big boy gotta eat. The second is the CRS building because the only way to become better is to be in the gym working on your game.

FUN Fact: English is my second language.

Q: What advice would you give to incoming freshman?

A: The advice I would give to a freshman is not to take your first year for granted, because this is the start of your future.

Q: What is your favorite memory at Adelphi?

A: My favorite memory at Adelphi is when I scored my first collegiate points in a game.

Q: What do you think is most important in order to have a great college experience?

A: Divide your time between work and play, as long as you have a balance between both, you will pass your classes, and have time to hang with friends.

Q: Favorite Adelphi Professor?

A: My favorite professor at Adelphi is professor John Krueger.

Q: Favorite food?

A: Bacon cheeseburger!

Q: Favorite type of music?

A: R&B

Hi I'm Liz!! I'm currently a sophomore at Adelphi University and I study communications. I strive to become a journalist or a news reporter someday. Besides being a contributor for HerCampus and studying communications, I have a passion for martial arts and criminal justice. I also love babysitting so I obviously love kids and something I may also do is become a teacher. One fun fact about me is that  I have been studying Ju Jitsu for the past 12 or 13 years and I am currently a second degree brown belt.