This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Name: Emma Martin

Year: sophomore

Major/minor: Social work

Career goals: To change someone’s life, whether it be in a school social worker setting, through a policy that I helped create or change, or just talking to someone and helping them out during a hard spot in their lives. If I can just change someone else’s life for the better, then my goal will have been accomplished.

Netflix Binge: Parks and Recreation, always

Favorite pick me up movie: Blades of Glory always and forever

Favorite Song atm: Rainbow by Kesha

Favorite book: The Burn Journals by Brent Runyon

Hobbies/Passions: Horseback riding

Defining life experience: Growing up having severe acne was hard, but it helped me realize that other’s opinions about you don’t matter, it’s what you think of yourself that matters the most. Love yourself first, and the rest follows. That’s a life lesson that I had to learn the hard way, but something I will never forget.

What are you most proud of yourself for: Taking on more leadership roles this semester and doing more things that are outside my comfort zone (like joining HerCampus!)

Dream Vacation spot: Fiji

Favorite adelphi spot: My dorm room  (with my two amazing suitemates, shoutout to my roomies and HerCampus members Amanda and Vital love y’all <3)

Interesting fact/adelphi story: Fun fact about Blodgett Hall: It was on the show Arrested Development (one of my favorite shows, it’s on Netflix check it out!)  and when I saw that for the first time I screamed….Blodgett Hall is famous!!

I am currently studying at Adelphi University. I am an International Studies major and a senior. My passions are traveling, languages, reading and wine, so drink up while you're reading my articles (21 and over of course).