5 Reasons Why I’m Happy for the Political Season to End

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Tomorrow we finally find out who is going to represent our country: Clinton or Trump. The best part about it is that we don’t have to hear about debates, emails, and locker room talk anymore. The election is all that the news, or anyone for that matter, talks about, and it’s getting old. These are the reasons I can’t wait to move on: 

1.      No more televised debates or everyday debates about which candidate is better

It’s sad that this has become an everyday thing now. If it’s getting coffee with friends or the lunch line, people argue more about the debates than they talk about classes.

2.      We can learn how to work together with the new change in life.

On November 8th, like it or not, one of the nominees will become president. I know some of us won’t like the outcome, if it’s Hilary or Trump, but in the end we must learn to live with one another. We must learn to at least respect one another regardless of our differences, we are people and that’s the most important similarity we all share and that must count.

3.      We can now wear any color we like without anyone saying that we belong to a certain party or we like a certain candidate more than the other.

Sometimes I like to wear blue, sometimes I like to wear red. I want to be free to wear clothing that matches the mood I’m in, not who I agree to follow.

4.      Facebook can go back to more important things: puppies eating peanut butter off a spoon or almost falling asleep

Let’s admit videos of baby animals are way cuter than Facebook videos of Donald and Hilary.

5.      We can get ready for the next holiday coming up

a.       Thanksgiving, an American holiday, is on the 24th of November. A day for watching the Macy’s Day Parade in the morning and celebrating thankfulness for one another as well as thanking for food. And that the election is over.

Hi, I'm Kait. I am currently a senior at Adelphi University and I am a Communications Major with a concentration in Digital Media and Cinema Studies. I love writing and have written stories ever since I was a little girl. Once I graduate from Adelphi University I hope to become a screenwriter working for film or television. But until then you'll see me socializing with my friends and family, studying for the next exam, or writing my scripts in the library.