10 Songs That We’re Always Singing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

One of my favorite parts of every year is listening to the new music.  Every year there are always songs that are playing on every single radio station…AT THE SAME TIME! They get overplayed, but you always find yourself singing along to them throughout the day.  Here are 10 songs from this year that were always stuck in our head.  

1. Bad Blood – Taylor Swift ft. Kendrick Lamar

Now I have to start this list with none other than T. Swift.  She released her album 1989 last year and the songs have still been slaying this year.  The Bad Blood music video also made us really jealous of her squad.  That’s the original #squadgoals right there.

2. Shut Up and Dance – Walk the Moon

The next song is one that I could never get tired of.  I’m sure we’ve all heard it at least 100 times, especially over the summer.  It’s so catchy that you will still sing it even if you hate it.  Not only did Walk the Moon give us a great jam, but they also gave us a cool new phrase to use.

3. Hello – Adele

Adele finally released new music and caused us tears after what felt like an eternity. Even though her first single is still rather new, it is def being played on every radio station. We’re not complaining though because who wouldn’t wanna hear her magical voice all the time? Ugh yes please

4. What Do You Mean? – Justin Bieber

After promoting his new single with the help of some very familiar faces in Hollywood, we were super excited to hear it.  The promo was a month long, can you blame us for dying of anticipation?! Seriously though, this song is always on the radio.  You know when your friend has a song stuck in their head and they say, “Ugh can you sing something else to get this song out of my head?” This is either the song stuck in their head or the one you sing!

5. Sugar – Maroon 5

Be honest, not one day goes by where we don’t hear this song on the radio.  It’s a super cute song and the video is cute too, but do we ever get a break?! Lucky for us it’s a catchy tune that we can’t help but sing along to.  

6. See You Again – Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth

We weren’t the only ones that shed a tear the first time we heard it, were we? Sure this song is super overplayed, but we can’t even be mad about it.  It represents the beginning of a Fast and Furious era without the late Paul Walker *cries*

7. Can’t Feel My Face – The Weeknd

The Weeknd has been around for some time, but 2015 was definitely his year.  He released a new album, he’s currently on tour, and the radio is always playing his music. Sometimes it’s Earned It or The Hills, but most often it will be Can’t Feel My Face.  This song is also perfect for the colder weather when you’re outside.  Me @ weather: “I can’t feel my face when I’m with you.”

8. Hotline Bling – Drake

Let’s face it, we’re all guilty of having a jam session with this song.  We’ve all seen the parodies and memes (my favorite is the Caillou one haha), and we definitely enjoyed Drake’s interesting dance moves in the music video.  Lucky for us, the radio plays it all the time so we can jam out all we want!

9. Want To Want Me – Jason Derulo

This song is probably the most overplayed on this list.  If I’m being honest, it got pretty annoying.  However, I never passed on the opportunity to belt out the lyrics whenever it was on — even if I did have the lyrics completely wrong.  I thought he said want you to want me, not want to want me

10. Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding

Last, but certainly not least is the wonderful Ellie Goulding.  This song is from the 50 shades soundtrack, and quickly became a hit.  It’s a romantic song, but the best part is that it’s super catchy.  We all enjoy romantic ballads, but we don’t mind the catchy romance song every now and then.  Even though radios have been playing this song all year, singing along loudly is still a must every time.  

Music is such a beautiful thing.  2015 has been a great year for music because of the many new albums.  We had new albums from One Direction, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Justin Bieber, Adele, The Weeknd, Twenty One Pilots, Halsey and probably some other artists I’m missing.  We can’t wait to see what the future holds for music. Keep on jamming, collegiettes!