Welcome To The Committee: Holly Judge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Welcome To The Committee- Holly Judge

Name: Holly Judge

Studying: English

Year: 4th year

Committee Position: Secretary

HC: Hi Holly! We’re so excited that you’re joining the Her Campus committee this year as our brand new secretary and we’d love to get to know a bit about you. As we’re just starting our new year at university, tell us about the highlight of your summer!

HJ: I spent a month in Thailand during June and it was the most rewarding experience. I spent two weeks teaching English in local schools in Cha Am and then spent the following two weeks exploring the mainland and the islands. I also got to spend a day at an animal conservation sanctuary where I walked, fed, and washed elephants, a once-in-a-lifetime experience! The islands were amazing, so beautiful and the nightlife was insane, I would recommend the Koh Tao Pub Crawl to anyone! After spending a month in the sun, I really didn’t want to come back to chilly Scotland.

HC: We can imagine! That sounds like the most perfect time. Now let’s get onto all things Her Campus. How long have you been an HC member and what made you want to join?

HJ: This will be my second year as a member of HC, still a bit of a newbie. Beverley, one of our editors who is on my course, kept telling me about the society and I was so interested! I’m not really a team sport person, I’m far too competitive to work well in a team sport, so to be part of something where you’re very much a team but you’re encouraged to be an individual in what you write about was ideal for me! Also, the jumpers are too cute, I always feel like a Pink Lady from Grease when I wear mine!

HC: Yes! All our cute merchandise is definitely a bonus of being an HC member. What’s something that you’re most looking forward to this year both in Her Campus and out?

HJ: I am really excited for all the events we have planned! We had our first committee meeting before summer and we have so many great ideas for this year which I’m sure all our members will enjoy. This is my final year so I’m really going to try and enjoy myself and make memories this year. It’s my 21st in December and I’m going to be my cousin’s bridesmaid in February so lots to be excited about!

HC: Definitely, it’s always so good to have lots of fun things to look forward to. What’s something that you hope to achieve with Her Campus this year?

HJ: I would like to be able to attract as many new members as possible and make them feel as welcomed and included as I did last year. Coming in to a new society can be a bit daunting so I hope that I can be a face for how welcoming, lovely, and amazing our society is! As I said before, I want to fill my last year with as many memories as possible and I’m sure there’ll be many HC memories to be made!

HC: And finally, how are you feeling about going into your last year of university and do you have any kind of plans for afterwards?

HJ: I am stressed at just the thought of fourth year! I know it’s going to be an intense year and I’ll have so much work to do in a short period of time, so I need to get organised and give 100% from week one. I’m hoping to be accepted to Aberdeen to do my PDGE so I’ll be completing the dreaded UCAS again this year, I’m sure I’ll be able to write a few articles about that! The end goal after all my studying will be to teach English in Secondary Schools, trying to get 15 year olds to appreciate Shakespeare!

HC: To finish off, here are some quick-fire questions!

HC: Favourite food

HJ: Sour Cream and Chive Dip, I’m obsessed with it, I got a tub of it for a secret Santa present last year. Best present ever!

HC: celeb crush

HJ: Niall Horan, Directioner from day 1!

HC: favourite Aberdeen night out

HJ: Can’t beat a Skite Wednesday for me! You always see people you know and the cheesy music upstairs in Institute calls my name!

HC: biggest fear

HJ: Swans and Peacocks, I absolutely hate them.

HC: Well Holly we’re so happy that you’re part of the Her Campus committee this year, we think you’ll be absolutely fab as our new secretary!

All Photos: Holly’s Own