This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Whether you’re sitting in Starbucks with your girls, alone in bed on a Tuesday night or finishing a bottle of red wine the time has come where you’ve made the decision to download Tinder and I’m here to tell you that that’s okay! Honestly though, tinder is a great way to have a laugh, procrastinate or genuinely look for love so here’s Tamarra’s guide to using tinder. 

Choosing your pictures; this is vital. It’s what people are going to see before they swipe so a lot is riding on your choice of pics. Group pictures are fine but make sure your profile picture on tinder is a solo, I hate having to decide which one the boy is. Like for goodness sake Calvin are you the one in the blue top or the red, I mean come onnnn. It’s hard out there and I do not have time to spend trying to decipher if you’re the tall red head or the muscular brunette, instant no. So girls, get your selfie game on.

Bio; There’s nothing I rate more than a good tinder bio. Hilarity is key, in my case. However, I do appreciate when they’re honest about what they’re looking for but when you can always always always opt for a funny bio. Some of my personal favourites include “I’m willing to lie to your parents about how we met” “If you can’t handle me at my worst, then leave because I don’t have a best. I’m always awful.” And my current bio “I’m a vegan but that doesn’t mean I’m not an animal” obviously followed by the most sultry emoji, you know the little yellow man with the smirk. Plus if they have a funny bio there’s the chance, or at least hope for a funny conversation and in extension if you pluck up enough courage a funny date.

Control; let your friends control your tinder. I know I know it may seem a bit risky but do it. My friend recently mailed someone “If you could be an animal what would you be?” followed quickly by “I’m a T-rex”. Not only did the boy give me props on a good opener but he gave me his animal! I loved it, your friends tend to want the best for you and if that includes a bit of messing about on your dating app then let them. At least if anything you’ll all have fun laughing about it together.

Confidence; just because they’re on tinder doesn’t mean they’re weird. I mean you’re on tinder right? I feel like tinder still has a huge stigma attached but have the confidence that you’re doing okay and whoever you’re speaking to probably doesn’t have three legs, seven cats and an eye-patch. There’s still the chance that you’ll go on a date and find yourself saying “So that’s why they’re on tinder” on the bus home, but hey; onwards and upwards!

In reality I understand that tinder can seem a bit daunting but as long as you don’t take yourself too seriously and you’re prepared to exchange a few strange messages tinder could be just the app for you.

I wish you good luck and happy swiping.

HCXO.

http://recode.net/2014/10/28/sweat-equity-benchmark-takes-stake-in-tinde… AND google images.