absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Perfect Pancake Recipe

Since Pancake Day has already passed and you may not have been able to celebrate it if you were busy at work or univeristy, or perhaps your reciepe didn’t quite work out. I spent this year’s Shrove Tuesday having a bake off with my Mum to see who could make the better pancakes (I won, yay!). So, here’s a MacIver family reciepe that should be easy enough to follow to create some yummy pancakes.

What you need:

Self-raising flour Caster sugar Egg Unsalted butter Milk

How to make: 1. Mix one and a half cups of self-raising flour with a half-cup of caster sugar, one egg and 300ml of milk (you can slowly add more if you want to have thinner pancakes).

2. Whisk until the mixture looks smooth, use a spoon around the sides of the bowl to make sure everything has mixed.  

3. Melt the butter in a frying pan and when melted, take four tablespoons and add them to the mixture, then whisk again. 4. Put the remaining butter in a dish and set to one side.

5. Wipe off the excess butter from the frying pan, then put the pan on quite a high heat for a couple of minutes and then pour on some of the mix.

6. When the mix starts to bubble, turn the pancake over.

7. For the next pancakes, use kitchen roll and wipe the frying pan with some butter then add more mix.

8. Add whatever topping you like, I’d usually go for Nutella and maple syrup.

Ta-da!

We hope you enjoy the pancakes, let us know how you spent your pancake day!

Images: Anna’s own and https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pancake+recipe&safe=strict&rlz=1C1CHWA…

I'm in my fourth and final year studying journalism at Robert Gordon University but I write for Aberdeen University. Xoxo