absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Perfect Curly Kale Crisps

Whether your new year’s resolution was to cut down on junk food, or you just like to combine snacking with getting one of your five a day in, this healthy crisp recipe is a great addition to your repertoire.

Kale has been in the news for a while now, Buzzfeed reported we’ve reached “Peak Kale” back in 2015. This, however, doesn’t mean you should start ignoring a nice pack of curly kale during your weekly food shop. If you haven’t already, you should try turning kale into a delicious and guilt-free snack! It won’t take more than 10 minutes, I promise!

You will need:

1 pack (or around two handfuls) of fresh curly kale

Olive oil

Salt, pepper and other preferred spices

First, wash the kale and pat it dry with paper towels. Take the leaves and cut them into bitesize pieces, removing any tough stalks. Once again dry any excess water from the kale – I used a clean tea towel to do that. This is essential, or your “crisps” won’t come out crispy!

Drizzle some oil over the kale pieces, and massage it into the leaves with your hands so that the oil is spread evenly. Sprinkle with salt, pepper or any other spices you want to flavour your crisps with – try garlic powder, paprika, or even cayenne pepper if you like it hot!

Spread the kale evenly on a lined baking tray and bake in a preheated oven on 150-160C for about 10 minutes, or until crisp but still green. This is the tricky part, I recommend you stay in the kitchen and check on them every so often – I burned my first batch to ashes because I left the room for a minute!

Once it’s done, all you need to do is enjoy your healthy, guilt-free but still very yummy crisps!

Lover of sunsets and coffee, queen of procrastination and a real granny at heart.