Meet the Committee: Barbora Krskova

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Name: Barbora Krskova

Committee Position: Editor

Age: 21

Year: 3rd

Studying: Business Management & Psychology joint hons.

Last but certainly not least on our ‘Meet the Commitee’ section it’s our beaut editor Barbora! Let’s find out about her time at HC and a little bit about what makes her tick!

HC: When did you join the Her Campus society and what attracted you to do so?

BK: I joined last year, which was my second year of uni. I kept hearing about HC and remember seeing the girls in pink jumpers around the campus during my first year, handing out candy canes before Christmas and such. So, when I saw their stall at the Fresher’s fayre, I remember walking up to (then our social secretary) Jess and asking what this Her Campus thing was all about about, and the rest, as they say, is history!

HC: What is the best and worst thing about being an editor this year?

BK: The best thing is definitely getting to read a wide variety of articles, and before anyone else does! It’s quite easy to get busy with other stuff and forget to keep up with what gets published, but as an editor, you have to. You also get to read articles that you normally might not have chosen to read on the website, and realise you would have been missing out! The worst thing? There isn’t one. Of course you have to manage your time, and sometimes might doubt yourself while editing, but at the end of the day, this is like a small dream come true for me, so I love it with all its perks.

HC: What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

BK: I have a love-hate relationship with this question! What’s the right answer? I’m a huge introvert, so I enjoy keeping to myself, reading fanfiction, wasting time on Tumblr, being way too invested in One Direction and watching random TV shows. Maybe a bit of yoga too. Also, I’ve just recently started learning Norwegian on Duolingo, just for fun (and because they have the best TV shows)!

HC: What has been the highlight of your university career so far?

BK: I would definitely say being a part of HC, this society has given me so much – memories, friendships, and an outlet for my love for writing articles…

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?

BK: Hopefully in London? Yeah, London is my most favourite place on Earth, and I’d love to work in, or close to the fashion industry, but we’ll see where I end up!

QUICK FIRE QUESTIONS

Favourite snack: tangerines, or any fruit pretty much

Favourite celeb: Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles, I refuse to pick one

Pet hate: I want to make a 1D related joke and say rabbits, but I’ll go with slow walkers

Thanks for taking time to talk to us Barbora, we love you very much!

HCXO 

All photos Barbora’s own