jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Flirt Over Social Media

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Tamarra’s guide on how to flirt over social media

Look, I get it. You want him to know that you’re into him but don’t want to look desperate. Here are my tips and tricks on letting your fave guy know that he’s the one without freaking him out so much that he legit never talks to you again.

Gone are the days of locking eyes with the one across a crowded room. These days its all about social media. That’s pretty obvious, you’ve got it down, and you’ve done it all before. Right? Wrong.

There’s separate guides for separate social Medias, if this is new info then listen up.

INSTAFLIRTING

Instagram this one’s your simplest. You like their pic they like yours back and hey presto you’re on a roll. If you don’t know if he fancies you back follow these steps:

1. Follow him
  2. Make your Instagram private
  3. Change your picture to one that’s quite tricky to see (A half-face or far away full length is a good option)
  4. If he requests to follow you then he knows you well enough by name & bio. Damn he’s probs planning your wedding as we speak- win.

FACEBOOK STALKING

Your next social media is Facebook. I struggle with this one, I won’t lie to ya. Although it does have the easiest messaging system. Plus, everyone and their granny is on Facebook now! Use Facebook message to your advantage. Get this, you match with a cute guy on tinder, your tinder app crashes (again, I know) you send them a cheeky little Facebook mail and within days  you guys go from strangers to bonding over the TV series you’re both watching. Thank me later.

CHEEKY TWEETS

Twitter, my personal favourite. I really think this is the one that you can have some fun with. Obviously you don’t wanna start getting too bold here. My key tip for this would be to stay vague, specifics are for when you know he’s practically in love with you, right now keep an air of mystery. There are two types of tweets you could send:

Type 1) “Omg,shout out to the boy I met on Sunday the 14th of July 2013 at The Killers… I think we should start dating?!”. RED FLAG. This is an absolute no, just too far.

Type 2) Post something cuter like “I’ve got such a soft spot for The Killers”. Big difference, it’s short, sweet and you could totally play it off as someting completely different. Better yet- if he misses this you can easily chuck out a couple more later on.

If all else fails post really cute pictures of yourself on all of the above Medias and maybe even throw out some snapchats of you really enjoying yourself. If you’re still being pied straight in the face use all of the same techniques, only on his best friend this time. Kidding!! (I’m not).

Good luck & happy dating!

HCXO

All photos: Google Images