This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Profile: Miss Katie!

Name: Katie

Age: 20

Degree: Business Management

This week Tamarra had the opportunity to catch up with HCAU’s resident cutie Katie Cessford. Continue reading to find out what these two besties chatted about!

HC: Hey Katie, we know that you’re a huge fan of everything HCAU. You’ve had a go at both events and writing. Which do you prefer and what’s your favourite thing about our little pink ship?

KC: Ohhhh that’s such a hard first question! Previously I would always have said events, but now I think I might be swinging towards the writing side! Events are literally amazing (both to plan and to attend). Regardless of whether the event is a girls Halloween movie night in or a whole-society pub crawl I always have an amaze time! But, I think writers meeting is where I have got to know everyone on a deeper level. The fortnightly writers meetings are such a fun chance to catch up with everyone and also think of new article ideas.

HC: Why did you join HCAU in the beginning. PS: We’re so glad you did!

KC: I have 100% no shame in saying it was the cute merchandise! I saw loads of girls around campus in Pink jumpers and was so keen to find out more! I’m so happy I took the plunge too!

HC: Is there any advice you’d give to girls considering joining Her Campus Aberdeen who maybe don’t know much about us?

KC: I would just say to give it a go! There is literally nothing to lose and everyone is so so friendly and welcoming! There is literally something for everyone to enjoy in HCAU.

HC: So, you’ve just been appointed HCAU’s treasurer for 2017/18- Congratulations! Are you excited about being on the committee and your role in general?

KC: Oh my goodness I am BEYOND excited! This will be my third year as part of HCAU so I am super excited to be on the committee for my final year of uni! I can’t wait to be more involved through my role as treasurer and take on more responsibility as well as helping the society to continue to grow.

HC: Let’s get a bit more personal. What’s something that we might not already know about you?

KC: Ahhhhh these questions are so hard to answer!! I would definitely have to say that I am stuck in the past! I reminisce about school all the time, it was the BEST time ever. I never wanted to leave school (my second home), but thankfully I’m still in touch with lots of my school BFFs three years down the line.

HC: Ah so cute! What’re your favourite articles to read? And when you’re not reading what can we find you doing?

KC: I really enjoy the articles about writers’ real lives. Articles about celebrities and current events are great too, but I definitely LOVE ‘Her story’ articles! Anything personal and a chance to find out more about people is what I enjoy reading.

When I’m not immersed in all things HC you can find me in Zara. My shopping addiction is right at home in Zara – it’s the perfect mix of affordable yet chic – I just can’t get enough! You will also find me watching Youtube videos. I am an avid subscriber to many channels raging from daily vlogs to fashion look book videos.

HC: Ohhh so interesting, we too are lovers of Zara. If you could be anybody else for one day fictional, non-fictional, alive or dead who would you choose to be?

KC: No doubt about it, I would have to be Kate Middleton. She is the perfect mix of stylish yet regal with an added bonus of being a yummy mummy. The Royal Wedding was probably the highlight of the nation’s century – the most picturesque and magical day imaginable. I would also love to have Prince George and Princess Charlotte as children, they are literally the cutest things ever! Also side note, imagine being married to an heir to the throne!!

HC: Haha so true, and finally what are some of your favourite spots to hit in Aberdeen- is there anywhere that you would recommend?

KC: Aberdeen is such a fun city to be a student in. It’s the perfect size and filled with great things to do. One great place I found with my friends (and fellow HCAU enthusiasts) Kitty and Tamarra is ‘Teazone’. It’s an AMAZE little cafe off Union Street that does the best (and most photogenic) waffles. It’s perfect for a fun brunch to take your mind off deadlines or exams.

I also love to hang out in Aberdeen’s shopping capital – Union Square. Not only is it the retail highlight of the city, it has every restaurant imaginable.

Another highlight in Aberdeen is the beach. Although I have only visited a shameful once in my 3 years, it is a tourist hotspot and a must see.

Thank you for chatting with us KT, you gorgeous human! We can’t wait to have you as a member of HCAU’s committee!

All Photos: Katie’s own