This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Name: Niall Mackle

Year: 4th Year

Age: 21

Degree: Law

Hometown: North Berwick

HC: So you are known as a bit of a basketball King. When and how did you get into it?

Niall: Random luck! I was picked out of a hat to play in a primary school tournament in p6 and found out being tall was helpful.

HC: When not on the basketball court, where would your favourite place be to go in Aberdeen?

Niall: My tragically honest answer would probably be the cheesy pop floor at Institute on a Wednesday but aside from that I love going out for dinner, Rustico just off Union Street is amazing.

HC: How would your friends describe you in three words?

Niall: I’d hope for “funny, friendly and reliable” but would expect “thinks he’s funny” or for a quality: “has a car”

HC: Taken or single?

Niall: I am currently single.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

Niall: Someone who’s easy to talk to, can make me laugh and perhaps more importantly, will laugh at my jokes. They also need to get on with my sister/mum – their rules not mine!

HC: What is your best quality?

Niall: I asked my flatmates for a serious answer and I got “your car” so I’ll go with my generosity! I would say my social skills, I would like to think I’m a people person and easy to talk to.

HC: Tell us a random fact about yourself.

Niall: Well I am (kind of) related to a former member of Girls Aloud. Unfortunately it isn’t Cheryl Cole (or whatever she’s called now) but Nadine Coyle. She is my auntie’s second cousin; hardly a relation but we’ll go with that. And no I cannot get Cheryl’s number…

HC: If you could be anyone else for a day, who would you chose?

Niall: Probably Harvey Specter from Suits. That’s the kind of lawyer I imagine myself being! Actually, Mike Ross gets Rachel Zane so it might be him…

HC: Are you a country or a city boy?

Niall: Probably a bit of both. Loved growing up in North Berwick but definitely want to try working in London at some point, hopefully in my traineeship!

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Niall: On my way to partner in a law firm, with a wife and at least one child but still driving around in my trusty Chloe the Clio #LongLiveChloe

Currently a 3rd year undergraduate at the University of Aberdeen studying English Literature. And the President and Editor in Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.