Blog

• Ban Bossy Campaign

ban-bossy.jpg If I had a nickel for every time I was told that I was too intense, ambitious, passionate or outspoken, I actually might be...

• Frog Pond Review

HC writer Sarah Teitelman recently visited the Frog Pond Restaurant on Park Avenue for brunch. Sarah gave the restuarant a 4 out of 5! For...

• Fall Sports Mid-Season Report

Believe it or not, we are well into fall and winter sports have begun! But before we get knee deep into basketball, swimming, squash, and...

• Survival Kit!

Wondering what the back-to-school must-haves are for the season? So was I, until I got a HerCampus Fall Back to School Survival Kit sent to...

• Senior, Jaded, and Far From Faded

Senior year is the year of late nights, early mornings, missed classes, and days spent reminiscing about how your university was so...

• March Madness for Dummies

So everyone has heard of what is known as March Madness, the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament. It is a 3-week long basketball...

• Fun Facts: Oscar Edition

Oscar Fun Facts Hollywood’s most important event is this Sunday evening, and I thought write about some fun facts I found: 1) This year...

• UR Men Ranked Number 1

UR is #1! Our men’s basketball team has earned the number one spot in the D3hoops.com national poll, following a win over #19 Brandeis, 69-...

• World AIDS Day Awareness

I just wanted to briefly draw attention to a recent event - December 1st marked World AIDS day, with organizations all over the world...

• Calling All Writers!

Like to write? Want to show off your skills? Want a great resume builder? Then write for Her Campus Rochester! If you have any interest in...

• The First of Many Goodbyes

So this will be my last HerCampus blog post... well, ever. I started writing for the online magazine when its U of R branch started up, so...

• Draw Something

I think it’s time to admit myself into a rehabilitation center for ‘Draw Something’ because it has totally and completely taken over my...

• Time is on My Side

Hey seniors! We’ve officially hit the two-month mark. For graduation, that is. In fact, we’ve steamrollered right on past it. Maybe it was...

• My Favorite Sites on the Web

I’m sure many (if not, most) of you were wondering when I would be sharing all my favorite sites on the web because, let’s be honest, I...

• The Academy Awards...sucked

Despite the fact that this year’s Academy Awards show drew in 4% more viewers than last year’s, it was probably one of the most boring...

• Movie Review: 50/50

50/50 I don’t normally have much time to watch movies while at school, but with my 3 class load this semester I’ve found myself with a...