Happy Sunday HC readers! Already caught up on ALL the HC articles? So are we! So here are some thing we've loved this week (beyond the amazing articles on our site!). Let us know what you think!
- We can't ignore Heidi Montag this week (that must be her dream). The 23-year-old underwent 10 plastic surgery procedures to improve herself. She landed on the cover of People, knocking the plastic-surgery-free Obamas off the cover. We could say more, but we'd rather hear your opinion of Heidi's drastic change. [The Huffington Post]
- As smart HC girls we're pretty impervious to those silly Facebook spam messages that say things like 'earn one million dollars a week at home!' Maybe I'm exaggerating, but those wall posts couldn't be more annoying. Plus, you see a notification and think that some long lost friend has written on your wall, only to find out you've been the recipient of their virus. Fortunately, Facebook vows to clean up this mess. [The New York Times]
- How much time do you spend watching videos online? If you spend more than a minute a week then you have no excuse not to click on this link recommended by Windsor Hanger for a powerful video about women. And, when you watch the video, $1 will be donated to improve reproductive health services for women. [Girl2Woman]
- Losing weight sometimes requires losing money. This great article recommended by Stephanie Kaplan goes through all the popular diets, providing information on cost and effectiveness. A great read if you are considering a diet plan. [Money Watch]
- "With my crazy schedule. I constantly find myself snacking in college when I don't have time for normal meals," says Marissa O'Connor. "This article from SELF, has 30 snack ideas under 200 calories for those who crave both SALTY and SWEET!" Seems like you'll be pretty covered. [Self]
- "This website made me blush," Jessica Stringer says of her recommendation. "Of course I remember thinking that Prince Eric and Aladdin were cute when I was little but this list puts those Disney hotties in a whole new light. I might just have to go back and rewatch some of those classic movies. (There is no way that Captain Hook and Jafar should have made the list! What about the Beast after the spell is broken?)" [This Recording]
- Let's know what's going on inside our bodies! Heather Rinder recommends this article that gives a complete breakdown of your moods throughout the month," or as MarieClaire says: "What the hell is going on with your hormones—and how can you harness them for happiness, health, fertility, brainpower, and energy?" [Marie Claire]
- Our music expert Gen Delman loves this so how could we not?? Here's the link to the funniest parody of "Party in the U.S.A." Gen really loves the follow up to the video which makes fun of the Cyrus clan. Make sure you watch both! [YouTube]
- Vanessa Friedman brought this to my attention and I'm obsessed. Watch these little kids at their own Jersey Shore. It gives a whole new meaning to juiceheads. [Perez Hilton]
- Taylor Trudon reminds us of what really matters – helping others in Haiti. Click here to find out how you can help! [Time]
See anything you like? Tell us below!